New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by belcher
    2 suki ko na gas station, Seaoil and Petron. Kung saan matiempuhan dun ako nagpapakarga....

Never mix pure diesel with biodiesel? Ganun kaya iyun?
    Ang iniisip ko naman, don't mix diesel fuels with different cetane ratings. what's your ride by the way, belcher?

Mga diesel peeps, any ideas?
    Last edited by mikey177; October 3rd, 2003 at 01:14 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    4jb1 engine, assembled AUV ang ride ko.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll take a picture of the spec sheet for Pure Diesel next time I'm at SeaOil. May mga data sheet kasi sila na nakadikit sa mga dingding pero wala na daw silang extra copy kaya di ako nakahingi. Will post the specs here so that our diesel gurus will have more data to make a diagnosis with.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    isa pong pinag-aralang hula (educated guess) sa katanungan ni mr. belcher (ginoong dighay? yun ba tagalog non? ) :D

ang pure diesel kasi, mas mababa ang sulfur content. less than 0.05% -- yan ang required ng Clean Air Act. pag mas mababa ang sulfur content ng diesel, mas mahina rin ang lubricity niya... or in layman's term, mas konti ang pampadulas epek nya. Di lang kasi fuel ang function ng diesel, sya na rin ang lubricant (pampadulas) habang gumagana ang makina, maliban pa sa engine oil mo.

sa hula ko, dahil sa mas bawas ang dulas epek nya, mas umingay ang makina mo. at dahil na rin sa nabawasan ang pagdulas ng pistons mo, humina ang hatak... yun ay hula lang. di ko sigurado korek ako dyan :freak:

tama ang ginawa mo na dagdagan ang biodiesel load mo. dahil sa ang biodiesel ay may lubricant epek. sa amerika, ang rekomendado nila ay 20% load ng biodiesel sa low sulfur diesel nila, or yung tinatawag nila na B20. pero dahil sa mahal ang biodiesel, siguro 5% na lang. kung 50 litros ang tangke mo, 2.5-3 liters kailangan mo. P165 na rin yun, sampung litro na rin sana ng diesel :drool:

yun lang po at baka ako'y madulas pa sa sinasabi ko...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Rediesel
    old diesel 45 cetane rating

pure diesel (new) 52 - 53 cetane rating

tried it this week wala pa akong masabi dahil meron pang 1/4 nung nagpakarga ako.

pero sa cetane rating difference I'll take it.
    The Cetane ratings for both Petron and Shell are 55+ and 55 RON respectively. I got this from an email inquiry from both oil companies some time back. For Caltex ay walang reply to my email inquiry. Kaya po mas mataas pa din cetane rating for the big 2 compared to the 52-53 RON of Pure Diesel. Pero as I recall minimal lang advantages nito. The advantage of pure diesel is it's low sulfur (0.05%) as compared to the big 3 at 0.20% and it's low price. Pero by Nov. 1 ay pantay-pantay na sulfur content nila.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    roydok,
    Think it's "cetane" when referring to diesel fuels and "RON" for gasoline.
    The cetane number has an effect on the smoke emission too. If too low for your engine's injec timing, then you don't get a clean, complete burn thus leading to smoke. It's a case of too much unburned fuel coming from the engine. The biodiesel helps since it has a higher cetane number + better lubricity. I doubt if the big oil cos really supply at 55 cetane consistently.
    My P1.1 worth

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thank you for the clarification sir Jackaroo. I stand corrected.I forgot that RON stands for Research Octane No.

Tama si rsnald. You hydrotreat diesel further to remove the sulfur but this reduces the lubricity of the diesel fuel. According to studies adding just 1% of BD affects considerably the wear scar diameter (WSD, wear on the surfaces of the cylinders,etc). The max limit is 460 micron WSD (HFRR bench test) and addding 5% BD reduces this to 370 WSD. Also the cetane rating of BD from coconut methyl ester is ca. 70, much superior than rapeseed which is the source in Europe.

What I'm planning is to use Pure Diesel and B5 biodiesel. I am now using Shell and Caltex diesel with B5 BD. Pls note that SOX is just one of the BAD emissions from diesel.
    Last edited by garyq; October 4th, 2003 at 03:51 PM.

Originally posted by belcher

Kaya nang mag-1/4 ang tank ko ay sa Petron ako nagpa-full, in just a few minutes naramdaman ko agad na tumahimik ang makina at lumakas ang hatak.

Never mix pure diesel with biodiesel? Ganun kaya iyun?
    Bro actually mixing BD with low sulfur diesel greatly improves the lubicity of the diesel fuel.:D

Originally posted by rodski
    I tried the pure diesel of City oil at CAA road (15.50/li). Full tank and kinarga ko sa carnival ko and immediately noticed improvements in acceleration and vibration. I used shell ultra before and compared to pure diesel ang layo ng performance.

I'm on my sticking to pure diesel and would like to try biodiesel soon.
    Try mo lang muna mga 4 liters which will good for around 2 full tanks (80 liters) and see the difference. I do deliver Estrol Biodiesel from Senbel FREE OF CHARGE in Metro Manila for a minimum order of 20 liters (carbouy). SMS mo ako if your interested 9178977080:D

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Pure Diesel