New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    just follow manufacturers oil change interval, the engine should last longer than the time you decide to sell the car

i dunno why there's this obsession with "prolonging the life of your engine"?

gaano katagal mo ba gagamitin ang car mo?

karamihin hindi pinapaabot ng 10 years ang oto

by the time you sell a 10 yr old car ok pa ang makina even without ever using additives
    +1 sir.

we have a vios taxi, 2010 model, with 260k kms. no top overhaul, no general overhaul. no oil leaks. no visible exhaust smoke.

oil change interval niya, minsan 5.5k kms o 6k kms using mineral oil (shell r4x or delo gold) and cheap oil filter (vic).

- once na open oil pan para lang icheck kung may sludge (200k kms)
    - palit PCV valve, air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs yearly
    - replaced fuel pump at 200k kms

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by innova2013 View Post
    +1 sir.
    - once na open oil pan para lang icheck kung may sludge (200k kms)

Meron ba or wala? We also have a 2010 vios on similar PMS routine, so I'd like to know. 116K+ pa lang mileage ng amin.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    just follow manufacturers oil change interval, the engine should last longer than the time you decide to sell the car

by the time you sell a 10 yr old car ok pa ang makina even without ever using additives

My car is almost 25 years old. I don't really use it daily because of the traffic. Siguro ung karamihan na hindi pinapaabot ng 10 years yung car don't need the "prolonging the life of your engine" I totally agree on the regular change oil and preventive maintenance kasi ung sakin buhay pa hanggang ngayon wala naman additives mula ng ginamit sha but what if there is a product in the market that gives you an advantage over the cost of that product? Why not diba?

actually i tried the product recently free naman, I didn't feel any difference in mileage increase because I don't really use my car very often, once every 1 month ang full tank ko. What I notice lang is parang mas magaan ung kotse, ung feeling na naka higher octane ka sa acceleration, which is enough for me to say na yes it does something.

Kung may maramdaman pa akong kakaiba, i'll update sa thread na to.
    Beep Beep! School Bus! Beep Beep! School Bus!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2014

haha finally someone w/ a lot of sense!

once had a corolla. bought it new. sold it after 11 years. i changed the motor oil 6mo / 10,000 kms. all dino juice (mineral oil). the guy i sold it to still uses it it must be like 23 years old by now

so yeah this obsession w/ prolonging is ridiculous not to mention that people spend so much on fully-synthetic oils that most people don't even need, in order to prolong the life of the engine that'll benefit only the 2nd or 3rd owners of the car. if you ask me, that's retarded

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    no thanks, baka masira pa vehicles namin

stop BSing us with your posts, it is annoying to browse **** in the forum
    sir you must try first and see the result,

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    We have a W124-300E in Negros. Bought new and imported to here way back in 1988.

Religiously maintained with dino-oil up until now. Shell, Mobil, Havoline, VeeDol, 76, Delo, Liqui-Moly, you name it, she has gulped it.

No voo-doo additives whatsoever.

Mileage has been to the moon and back.

Still running like a charm.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Meron ba or wala? We also have a 2010 vios on similar PMS routine, so I'd like to know. 116K+ pa lang mileage ng amin.
    wala sir. nilinis na lang yung oil pick-up tube, yung may strainer gamit carb cleaner.

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    After trying Pertua, I honestly didn't noticed any changes from my car aside from the feeling that mas smooth ang pag apak sa gas. I tried it since I got curious after reading good feedback about it. Since my change oil with Pertua, I have drove more than 4k kilometers, within Metro Manila, to Laguna and to Baguio.
    Mitsubishi Adventure 2017 pala sasakyan ko

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by fritzter View Post
    After trying Pertua, I honestly didn't noticed any changes from my car aside from the feeling that mas smooth ang pag apak sa gas. I tried it since I got curious after reading good feedback about it. Since my change oil with Pertua, I have drove more than 4k kilometers, within Metro Manila, to Laguna and to Baguio.
    Mitsubishi Adventure 2017 pala sasakyan ko

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Ako din tried pertua 2 weeks ago wala ako naramdaman na gain. Mas smooth pa ng konti nun di pako nag lagay pertua. I will never buy this pertua again. Petron trekker ci-4 gamit ko oil.

Sent from my vivo 1606 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mokong22 View Post
    Ako din tried pertua 2 weeks ago wala ako naramdaman na gain. Mas smooth pa ng konti nun di pako nag lagay pertua. I will never buy this pertua again. Petron trekker ci-4 gamit ko oil.

Sent from my vivo 1606 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    May fake pertua... baka na fake ka...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Prolonging the life of your engine