New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2017
    Gusto ko ma try sa mirage namin if pwede. kasi nakita ko yung result neto noon.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Based on the number of posts of the persons (or just one person) wanting to 'try' the product, this thread is beginning to look like an elaborate plug.... a shill.

To go through these lengths to hard-sell the product, it must be THAT bad.

Stay away! Use common sense and just follow your car's OCI.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Just follow the 5k oil change interval and use hdeo oil

Sent from my vivo 1606 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Based on the number of posts of the persons (or just one person) wanting to 'try' the product, this thread is beginning to look like an elaborate plug.... a shill.

To go through these lengths to hard-sell the product, it must be THAT bad.

Stay away! Use common sense and just follow your car's OCI.
    How do Car Manufacturers make profit? By selling cars. How can they sell more cars? By convincing people their car needs an oil change.

OIL Change fallacy is the mother of all snake oil.

They want you to change oil more frequently so they can collect your old oil. Rerefine it. Put it back on the bottle and sell them back to you.

Biggest wear on the engine happens during startup after changing oil and filter. Yan lang yung time nakakaikot ng several revolution ang engine na walang oil. Basta inalis mo oil filter, yung oil na nasa pickup tube babalik sa oil pan. Kaya lang naman mabilis mag oxidize yung oil dahil naka connect yung crankcase sa intake. Na cocontaminate yung engine oil ng moisture. If you have an auxiliary thermostatic oil cooler you rarely need an oil change.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by desertst0rm View Post
    How do Car Manufacturers make profit? By selling cars. How can they sell more cars? By convincing people their car needs an oil change.

OIL Change fallacy is the mother of all snake oil.

They want you to change oil more frequently so they can collect your old oil. Rerefine it. Put it back on the bottle and sell them back to you.

Biggest wear on the engine happens during startup after changing oil and filter. Yan lang yung time nakakaikot ng several revolution ang engine na walang oil. Basta inalis mo oil filter, yung oil na nasa pickup tube babalik sa oil pan. Kaya lang naman mabilis mag oxidize yung oil dahil naka connect yung crankcase sa intake. Na cocontaminate yung engine oil ng moisture. If you have an auxiliary thermostatic oil cooler you rarely need an oil change.
    All anecdotal.

Fact: Combustion by-products contaminates your oil
    Fact: The typical motor oil picks up the by-products and puts them in suspension. The bigger particulate matter is trapped in the oil filter, the smaller ones remains in suspension until the oil is changed.
    Fact: Corrosive chemicals formed by combustion such as acids are neutralized by the oil's basic (TBN) additive... acid and base neutralizes each other and just as everything else, the TBN wears out too. If the TBN runs out, acids will have free reign and attack metal engine parts.
    Fact: Heat wears out the additives as well. It wears out the additive that prevents the oil from shearing, among many others. The detergent is also an additive and is as well subject to wear. If they become worn down before oil is changed, guess what happens to the suspended particles? They form sludge... waxy, muddy gunk that blocks oil passageways, causing the engine to slowly self-destruct.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    talagang marami ng tumatangkilik sa pertua?
    When In Manila - Every car owner has a “good old... | Facebook

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Evoh_Unoh View Post
    talagang marami ng tumatangkilik sa pertua?
    When In Manila - Every car owner has a “good old... | Facebook
    i wouldn't know.
    this product has been on sale for over 30 years now...
    one would think, with such a good product, everyone would have heard of it by now...?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 21st, 2017 at 10:21 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i wouldn't know.
    this product has been on sale for over 30 years now...
    one would think, with such a good product, everyone would have heard of it by now...?
    Sir, matagal nang pinatay iyong inventor nito. Ninakaw ang invention. Kung meron nito ngayon, it's not as good as the original.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Received a can Pertua Oil and Metal Treatment and a gallon of Kagz Gear Oil 90 to sample last June 21, 2017 courtesy of Pertua and proceeded to my regular oil change. Nadagdag lang yung additive. My car is a 1992 model Daihatsu Charade with a GA16DE 1.6L Engine. To begin with, the car is running ok before using the metal treatment.

I have noted the following vehicle performance improvements after trying out pertua: smoother idling (tahimik masyado yung makina following yung pagkarga ng pertua); and during drive sa SLEX smooth yung takbo ng oto as expected and is what I have in mind na mangyayari.

The most notable improvement and a surprise to me is: napansin ko nawala yung vibration ng oto when running above 80kph. Dati na yung vibration na yun which I thought was oscillation because of imperfect tire balance or suspension problem.

I am not sure if may connect but wala naman ako iba ginawa na iba. Before, comfortable driving ko na yung 70-80kph kasi pag lumampas nararamdaman ko na yung aligasgas and may nararamdaman akong vibration sa manibela. Dati ng problema yun, pina align, balance na at palit ng gulong, the whole steering mechanism, shocks and mounting ganun pa din. Mahina lang naman but very annoying. After using pertua, naging negligible at lumalampas na ako ng 90-100kph na highway na smooth na takbo (Bulacan to Lucena).

I will post updates siguro pag may napansin pa akong iba.

[IMG]IMG_20170625_111558 by Alvin's Art, on Flickr[/IMG]

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by pyramid00 View Post
    Sir, matagal nang pinatay iyong inventor nito. Ninakaw ang invention. Kung meron nito ngayon, it's not as good as the original.
    I just messaged our friends from pertua and they confirmed that the inventor is alive and still part of the existing pertua enterprise.
    Beep Beep! School Bus! Beep Beep! School Bus!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Prolonging the life of your engine