New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    All stock, dapat... which probably means you need to keep your spares. During Honda Challenges, they also tape your AC controls so you can fiddle with it (it has to remain on at a comfortable level)... but here, no such measures were taken... windows up, windows down, your choice.

During a previous Petron run (Team Zayco's first win)... they had different 1.3 liter cars (including, of all things, a 323!) but none of them could match the Jazz, though all did over 1,000 kms. I don't know the mechanics of the championship edition, but I suppose an Alto counts.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Saludo din ako sa mga ito. Kung ako pagda-drive mo ng ganun katagal at ganun kabagal at walang aircon, I'd want more than just a chance at a hundred grand. Try naman kaya nila hanapin ang pinaka matipid na 2-liter and above? At iba ibang klaseng gas? Para objective!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think the 2008 Vios can do better than the current Jazz.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hmmm... I'd contest that, but it's possible... Kung may 1.3 liter Yaris nga lang sana... game on!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Random thought...

What if someone can borrow the only available Toyota Prius and use it to join into the Petron Xtra Mile Challenge? How will it stack up against the hyper-miling Honda Jazz?

In reality, the Prius will actually be in a disadvantage because it's hybrid system only works well in stop/go traffic. In a highway situation, fuel mileage actually is worst than city driving conditions.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Best we could get out of it was 20-21 in steady-state cruising.

You'd have to find a way to run it on electricity only for a long time... which is pretty difficult, and pretty slow... the battery doesn't have enough charge for more than a handful of kilometers on battery only.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Isn't the CVT one of the main advantages of Jazz?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    OT: kuya djerms...bat sa akin, i get more (around 10-12 kms more) from shell?
    Experience ko lang yun bro. Baka depende din sa vehicle eh. I've had 5 vehicles in the past and I didn't stick to shell or petron. Lagari ako kung saan matipid yung sasakyan..hehe.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post

I think rin parang medyo uhmmm hindi possible. CVT ang jazz eh. ang Vios is AT. 5 speed ba jazz na AT?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    talo sila sa ford expedition. naka 40km/L kami nun.

naubusan kami ng gas kaya nag tulak kami..kaya nakatipid

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Petron Xtra Mile Challenge Record Broken!