New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    ^^^ ang purpose ng electronics ay baguhin automatically ang timing para ma maximize ang power o ang efficiency. puwedeng automatically ma advance or retard ang timing depende sa gas na gamit. malaking tulong ang oxygen sensor sa exhaust at MAF sa intake.
    Automatically bro?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dale323 View Post
    I think dahil yun sa Ethanol. Vpower is E10 din naman. Blaze is the only gas available na walang ethanol.
    E10 Fuel Economy

Ethanol contains less heat energy per litre than petrol, therefore E10 will theoretically increase fuel consumption by just over 3%. However, ethanol has a higher octane rating (129RON) than petrol so the addition of 10% ethanol to regular unleaded petrol (ULP) raises the Research Octane Number (RON) from 91 to about 94. This improved anti-knock characteristic can allow an engine to operate with greater efficiency. The ability of an engine to use the extra octane efficiently depends on the design and calibration of its engine management system. Ethanol also cleans fuel systems and burns more completely, reducing the build-up of carbon deposits and providing long-term benefits.
    A trial undertaken in 1998 for the Federal Government in a range of Australian vehicles showed that the use of E10 in vehicles designed for ULP increases fuel consumption by an average of 2.8%, however there was considerable variation between individual vehicle models.

There are many other factors that influence fuel consumption:

Petrol
    • Variations between petrol brands/batches – up to 5% difference
    • Lower energy content of winter fuel – 5%
    Driving Conditions
    • Traffic density – add 15% in heavy traffic
    • Road conditions – hills, corners, loose surfaces, and wet roads all increase fuel consumption significantly
    • Ambient temperature – up to 10% increase in cold weather
    • Head winds – 5% increase into a 30 kph headwind
    Driving Habits
    • Speed – add 10% or more if you speed up from 100 kph to 110 kph
    • Aggressive acceleration – up to 20% increase
    • Air conditioner use at low speed – add 10-20%
    • Windows open at high speed
    Vehicle Maintenance
    • Tuning and engine maintenance. Clogged air filter 10%. Faulty oxygen sensor 40%.
    • Tire pressure – 5% increase if your tires are under-inflated
    • Wheel alignment – up to 10%
    Vehicle Load
    • Unnecessary weight in the vehicle – 45kg can mean a 2% increase
    • Roof racks – add 5-10% empty, up to 30% loaded up
    • Towing
    These factors affect fuel consumption much more significantly than the slightly lower energy content of E10.

Ayon yan ke pareng Googs, at least maliwanagan tayong mga tsikoteers sa 10% Ethanol na yan...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    first day on Blaze... took skyway on my way to work.. seems engine respose is better compared using shell unleaded / shell premium for the past 2 years.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    observed going home that im shifting faster... felt some more hp coming out from the engine thus i reach my needed speed to change to a higher gear... but im not having a heavy foot on the gas pedal.. same as how i drive previously..

hopefully this can increase fuel efficiency and recover that 200php worth of gas difference between unleaded and blaze...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    first day on Blaze... took skyway on my way to work.. seems engine respose is better compared using shell unleaded / shell premium for the past 2 years.
    ano ba ang ride mo bro?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    In my opinion there's nothing wrong at all with using high octane fuel in our cars. Yes i do agree that it's a waste of money to put it in a car that'll happily run on 90 octane fuel but fyi it won't hurt the engine. Higher octane never hurt anyone but low octane will induce detonation on cars with high compression, forced induction, etc,.

My hats off to Petron, Mr. Ramon Ang in particular, for giving the go ahead to come out with 100 octane, NON-ETHANOL fuel.

While browsing this particular post i was truly amazed by some people who actually shoot down the availability of 100 octane fuel. Why? Nobody is forcing them to load said fuel in their cars!

I and a vast majority of automobile enthusiasts EMBRACE the existence of 100 octane fuel.

I most definitely won't load it on my daily driver but come the weekend the new 100 octane BLAZE will definitely find it's way in my cars which are reserved for weekend runs.

And yes, said cars are hi-performance and i won't make excuses about that. If it ain't fast it ain't worth driving. Different strokes for different folks i always say. So please, to those who put down the availability of 100 octane fuel i only have this to say, GET A LIFE!!! Better still buy a high performance car so you'll have a life!!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    oo nga naman, di naman tayo gagastos.....kung sino me gusto ng higher octane, Go ahead......

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Seriously, sa mga high performance cars yang 100RON.....pero kung sa mga pangkaraniwang sasakyan lang.....wag na, sayang lang ang pera.....

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Tama ka desert fox. Kung di naman kailangan ng auto ang 100 octane fuel aksaya lang sa pera.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Agree ako sa inyong dalawa. Yung iba naman gumagamit lang ng Blaze para makaiwas sa Ethanol.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Petron BLAZE 100 Octane na!