New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    just this afternoon while driving home, i saw a banner in one of the Petron stations here in Sucat stating "100 octane" together with their blaze banner.

Has anyone tried it already? wanna try it na pero i still have the old 96 octane blaze in my other car's tank. Ubusin ko muna then i'll try it.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Isn't 100 Octane rating too high ? Besides, unleaded would already do on most cars.

Baka naman race gas yan or whatever.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    pwede pa yan sa mga de karburador......sa panahon ngayon puro Electronic fuel system na, sayang lang ang pera kahit magtaas pa ng octane ang sasakyan....

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Isn't 100 Octane rating too high ? Besides, unleaded would already do on most cars.

Baka naman race gas yan or whatever.
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/is-pe...00-octane-fuel

Is Petron about to launch 100-octane fuel?

We've received a tip that Petron is set to launch an ultra-premium gasoline fuel with an octane rating of 100. This is certainly great news for those who drive high-performance cars, whose engines' higher compression ratio requires high-octane fuel. Petron's current premium gasoline fuel, Blaze, has an octane rating of 96.

When we asked Petron about the tip, we were told they could give "no comment until Sunday." Which, as far as we're concerned, is the equivalent of answering the question in the affirmative.

Octane rating is an important concern among owners of high-end cars with engines designed for performance. It refers to a fuel's antiknock properties. Knocking is that pinging sound made by an engine due to improper ignition. Severe knocking can actually damage your engine's pistons.

Big-displacement and powerful engines have higher compression ratios, making them more susceptible to air/fuel mixture detonation (which results in that knocking sound). Imagine a piston needing to do more work to deliver the high output of a performance engine, and you'll pretty much understand why the process is more prone to faulty ignition. High-octane petrol, which ignites longer, solves this. The higher the octane rating, the more optimum the performance of the engine will be, allowing the latter to achieve its maximum power potential while also doing wonders for fuel efficiency.

If you drive a Nissan GT-R, a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X or a BMW M5, we suggest you check out the nearest Petron station this Sunday.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yep ... I instantly made a research about it and was about to edit my post.

And yep, it is indeed 100 octane.

Now, unless your car requires something 98 octane or higher fuel ( i.e. STi ) then, using 100 octane would probably be useless and just a waste of money. I would highly doubt if using high octane gas would give you a bigger difference in HP if used on stock engine though I'm not saying that it is impossible.

If I'm not mistaken, 50+ yung price range nito. Expensive.

And yeah, I think using higher octane fuel gives you poorer fuel economy. :dunno:

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Did they increase the price? I use Blaze just to avoid ethanol.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Mga drivers ng performance cars ang target nito IMO. Pati na rin yung modified/tuned engines etc..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    mag-unleaded na lang kayo......propaganda lang yan.....

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikselog View Post
    Mga drivers ng performance cars ang target nito IMO. Pati na rin yung modified/tuned engines etc..
    Maikwento ko lang bro, Dito sa saudi, ang daming Sports car kang makikita sa daan....pero 2 klase lang ang gasolina 91(unleaded) at 95.

E napakamura ng gasolina dito at bakit wala yang mga yan 100RON na yan dito? ano ibig sabihin nito? mga oil companies sa atin, mga sun and the beach talaga...!!!!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Did they increase the price? I use Blaze just to avoid ethanol.
    Yup. 51.50 daw according to one forum na nakita ko sa google.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Petron BLAZE 100 Octane na!