New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I read the article again and still can't see the author's point on how Tesla will overrun traditional car companies...

Tesla doesn't have showrooms, you order the car online. Do you think half of the planet is ready for that? I know the Japanese are, even for used cars. But everywhere else, you have to see the real thing.

Then there's the numbers... Tesla won't even sell as much electric cars as it's Chinese counterparts.

Profit, they only started making profit from last year.

So what's fast enough? Toyota insists the Prius is the future, Nissan has the Leaf, BMW i3 and BYD e6, etc.

I personally feel that current pure electric cars are like an electric typewriters with screens... You get to type 2 sentences, correct mistakes before it types on the paper... But very few people used them as the next best thing (WordStar) is coming and even a better one is on the pipeline (WordPerfect)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    TS is kags.
    'nuff said.
    heh heh.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by madball View Post
    Tesla has actually ramped up their vehicle production, particularly the Model 3, and it's selling well. After years of bleeding money due to aggressive research and development, Tesla is finally able to make a steady cash flow.
    Turned profit lang for the q3 2018 di ba? Not being a pessimist but they have a big debt repayment coming up this march. Sabi nila they'll be able to pay it.

Tesla Earnings: 3 Questions for CEO Elon Musk -- The Motley Fool

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    Turned profit lang for the q3 2018 di ba? Not being a pessimist but they have a big debt repayment coming up this march. Sabi nila they'll be able to pay it.

yep March 1

$920M principal

the bonds are convertible to stock but stock price needs to be $359.87

right now it's $308.17

they say they can pay but that's a big hit to their cash reserves

Tesla probably has about 3 billion cash on hand

5. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I read the article again and still can't see the author's point on how Tesla will overrun traditional car companies...

Tesla doesn't have showrooms, you order the car online. Do you think half of the planet is ready for that? I know the Japanese are, even for used cars. But everywhere else, you have to see the real thing.

Then there's the numbers... Tesla won't even sell as much electric cars as it's Chinese counterparts.

Profit, they only started making profit from last year.

So what's fast enough? Toyota insists the Prius is the future, Nissan has the Leaf, BMW i3 and BYD e6, etc.

I personally feel that current pure electric cars are like an electric typewriters with screens... You get to type 2 sentences, correct mistakes before it types on the paper... But very few people used them as the next best thing (WordStar) is coming and even a better one is on the pipeline (WordPerfect)
    That's because Tesla has a different strategy of selling cars compared to the traditional dealership model that other auto manufacturers use. When the market for EVs becomes more viable and the big players decide to enter it, they will face a major issue with their dealers. EVs do not require much maintenance and dealers make most of their money by servicing ICE vehicles. To become more efficient at selling EVs, they have to get rid of the dealers and they simply cannot do that.

Tesla is like the Apple of EVs, it can sell well even if it's more expensive with similar specs because it is successful in creating an image as a "quality" and "innovative" brand. People buy those cars not only because they are electric but because they also share Elon Musk's vision of a green and sustainable future. And that's basically how it is. As long as people believe in it, that sh!t will continue to sell like hotcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post

Paying off that huge debt is certainly a big challenge for Tesla. Last year, they somehow managed to prove naysayers wrong. Let's see how it goes this time....

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^Exactly my point... I'm sure more than 80% of people who's in the market for a new car would want to see/test drive the car before making a purchase...

Just check out Tsikot Forums... "Test Drive" and "Inspect the car before releasing from the dealership?" lahat yun tip sa new car owner.

With Tesla, click and it will be delivered... Ilang tao ang kaya yun?

Personally... I do not test drive before purchase... I also don't check before release of the car... Pero I still go to the dealership to see if I like the shade of red (red lahat ng cars namin)...

Apple is a $1,000 phone... Tesla is around $35k

I've had a lot of Apple items delivered since wala akong time to visit their shop... Car? I only had it delivered once... Jazz first gen.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    1 thing I love about Tesla...

OTA Updates... Sana lahat ng manufacturers ganun din

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Problema lang kasi ni Tesla, aside from producing the factory to make cars and the cars, it has to make the infrastructure to support its product.

Just my 2cents

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    ^Exactly my point... I'm sure more than 80% of people who's in the market for a new car would want to see/test drive the car before making a purchase...

Just check out Tsikot Forums... "Test Drive" and "Inspect the car before releasing from the dealership?" lahat yun tip sa new car owner.

With Tesla, click and it will be delivered... Ilang tao ang kaya yun?

Personally... I do not test drive before purchase... I also don't check before release of the car... Pero I still go to the dealership to see if I like the shade of red (red lahat ng cars namin)...

Apple is a $1,000 phone... Tesla is around $35k

I've had a lot of Apple items delivered since wala akong time to visit their shop... Car? I only had it delivered once... Jazz first gen.
    One can schedule an appointment on Tesla for a test drive and customize the appearance of his vehicle before completing the order.

Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Problema lang kasi ni Tesla, aside from producing the factory to make cars and the cars, it has to make the infrastructure to support its product.

Just my 2cents

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Yes, that's one of the problems that they need to overcome. More of those supercharger stations should be built as they sell more units because not everyone can charge at home.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Opinion: Tesla will overrun traditional car companies because they still aren’t moving fast enough