New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Howdy all!
    Ever wonder about that st***d ad on tv and in some gas stations about how we can save money using this certain brand of gasoline. 1,440 km in one full tank! All test cars used were Honda Jazzes. How many liters ba ang full tank ng Jazz. What about if I were to use the same gasoline product on an F-150, Expedition, Excursion, Suburban, Chevy 1500 or similar models. Will I still get the same results?
    Input lang mga sirs.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyChaser View Post
    Howdy all!
    Ever wonder about that st***d ad on tv and in some gas stations about how we can save money using this certain brand of gasoline. 1,440 km in one full tank! All test cars used were Honda Jazzes. How many liters ba ang full tank ng Jazz. What about if I were to use the same gasoline product on an F-150, Expedition, Excursion, Suburban, Chevy 1500 or similar models. Will I still get the same results?
    Input lang mga sirs.
    Actually Mike Black (former EIC of Top Gear Phil) did just that many years ago. They did an endurance stunt with a borrowed Ford XP. That was when the fuel mileage record was just around 1,100 km.

At the end of the run, the XP was just shy of a few dozen kilometers to match the fuel mileage record of the time.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; January 20th, 2009 at 10:47 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    well sad to say nowadays nag iba ang objective ang PANA (Truth in Advertising) so kung ako gagamit ng scooter or XRM na motor mas malayo mararating ng 40liters ko (na isang full tank jazz)...

well, FC(fuel consumption) is the trend now a days... prang noon-- HP(horsepower) sells better than torque--kaya nga marami nauto sa honda SIR e!

FC in reality, di yan definite. so many variables to consider.pero in the end you get the car what you like....

well its not stupid, they just did a economy run and use it on advertising...and the most manufacturer did ecoruns regularly----ISUZU...with their crosswinds, Dmax and alterras...dagdagan mo pa ang tons of sponsorship with the local media..patok...kaya crosswinds are insanely-repriced kahit 2003-2004 na...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Purely Marketing, IMO. Because we do not drive that way here....

7303:soda:

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Purely Marketing, IMO. Because we do not drive that way here....

Or in any other country for that matter. From what I understand, they are only able to do that because they drive behind another vehicle infront of them and taking advantage of less air drag brought about by drafting or slipstream effect.

I always thought that Extra Mile Challenge was really advertising the Jazz. Do the same using Shell Unleaded, and they probably come up with similar records. I'm sure that gimmick boosted Jazz sales, more than it did Petron Xtra Unleaded.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Unless they do the test with their product and competitor's, and can show their product offers better FC, then whatever record they show, for now, is mostly attributed to the vehicle type and driving technique / parameters used.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post
    Unless they do the test with their product and competitor's, and can show their product offers better FC, then whatever record they show, for now, is mostly attributed to the vehicle type and driving technique / parameters used.
    Mahirap mang-yari yan because the entire "challenge" is a marketing stunt by Petron. Imagine if they let others join in...

"The winner of the 2009 Petron Extra Mile challenge is Juan de Leon driving a Kia Picanto fueled by Shell V-Power!"

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Mahirap mang-yari yan because the entire "challenge" is a marketing stunt by Petron. Imagine if they let others join in...

"The winner of the 2009 Petron Extra Mile challenge is Juan de Leon driving a Kia Picanto fueled by Shell V-Power!"

Hahaha! That would be the day!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
One Full tank goes a long way.