New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post
    Unless they do the test with their product and competitor's, and can show their product offers better FC, then whatever record they show, for now, is mostly attributed to the vehicle type and driving technique / parameters used.
    That's precisely the point. Unless Petron can come up with proof that using their product as against let's say Shell or Caltex or the small players, they should not claim this.

As far as i can see, and I browsed the website of Honda, and by computation, there is only less than 10% or 2km increase in the milage.
    According the Specs of the XP, a full tank is 106 L. Given that an XP uses the Triron V8 engine, is should max a good 4km/L. Even with an increase, the XP cannot go beyond half what Petron claims. To top it all, the 2km increase will just burn off just as you start moving the car.

This reminds me of this Coke ad I keep hearing on the radio. the ad goes:
    "What are you going to do when your boat sinks and you get deserted in an island?"
    The last answer was " To have a coke with him coz he can't smile at the girls?" It so stupid. What girls??? you're all alone in a deserted island for god's sake!

To think that Petron is one of the Big Three and hires and approves ads like they did is STUPID!!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    I always thought that Extra Mile Challenge was really advertising the Jazz. Do the same using Shell Unleaded, and they probably come up with similar records. I'm sure that gimmick boosted Jazz sales, more than it did Petron Xtra Unleaded.
    Well Honda would be better off if it pulled out of the ad coz now they've got some serious competitors from Chery, Suzuki, Hyundai and Kia.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    In my humble opinion:

Fuel-wise, what matters is finding what is "hiyang" with your engine. I drive different vehicles, and have found that each of them have their own favorite brand of fuel.
    i.e. The Civic likes Shell Premium, the Feroza likes Petron XCS or SeaOil G5 Extreme, the Revo likes Shell Unleaded, the Land Rover likes Petron Diesel, the Lancer likes Caltex Gold.
    I get the most Fuel Efficiency using what is "hiyang".

As for the vehicle itself (Jazz or otherwise), it doesn't really matter what car you drive. You can maximize fuel efficiency on any vehicle primarily through Driving Behavior. The term is called "Hypermiling". You can even do this on a Hummer! I always get to go over the normal fuel efficiency of all the vehicles I drive (except for the Land Rover which is purely for offroad trips).

For some tips and tricks to Drive to Maximize Fuel Economy, feel free to visit www.hypermileph.com.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
One Full tank goes a long way.