New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hold on to your panties but it was just at the news that oil has hit US$129 a barrel. Its also expected to hit $150 by end of the year.

This means if gasoline is priced at P55/L (current P52/L is still not done with under-recovery), by simple price projection of the percentage of the increase, by year's end the price of gasoline will hit P66/L.

So, has the fuel prices reached the "ouch" level for you yet?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sign of the near future?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Sign of the near future?

It more like food prices today. May supply pero walang pambili sa sobrang tinaas.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well curse me if you want but I did buy GOLD and OIL futures yesterday I guess its my hedge to rising prices, on one hand I am paying more for my gas on the other my investments are making money so even out lang

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Eto na lang consolation price natin siguro. Everything that goes up must come down, true for physics and definitely true for the financial markets. You can quote me if you want but OIL is in a bubble too much money is going in including me My reason is of course to protect myself from the erosion of inflation and I am sure many others also bought in for their own reasons (some to make quick money). You think at P70/L the economy will function properly? Who knows maybe the RP government will be pressured to remove tax on oil and remove the deregulation law if this continues...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Well curse me if you want but I did buy GOLD and OIL futures yesterday I guess its my hedge to rising prices, on one hand I am paying more for my gas on the other my investments are making money so even out lang
    :boo: joke lang...

Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Eto na lang consolation price natin siguro. Everything that goes up must come down, true for physics and definitely true for the financial markets. You can quote me if you want but OIL is in a bubble too much money is going in including me My reason is of course to protect myself from the erosion of inflation and I am sure many others also bought in for their own reasons (some to make quick money). You think at P70/L the economy will function properly? Who knows maybe the RP government will be pressured to remove tax on oil and remove the deregulation law if this continues...
    i guess your right about this, parang hindi na talaga makakaya ng average juan ang 70php/liter. sana talaga bumaba na yung prices or at least stop the weekly increase...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    at 50 petot per liter ouch na sakin... patayan na naman sa pagtitipid niyan pag dating ng 60 petot/liter. :ouch:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    at 50 petot per liter ouch na sakin... patayan na naman sa pagtitipid niyan pag dating ng 60 petot/liter. :ouch:
    If you are already "making tipid" at this point, what else can you do to save more money? Leave your car at home and commute via public transportation? But even that is increasing in fare prices.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If you are already "making tipid" at this point, what else can you do to save more money? Leave your car at home and commute via public transportation? But even that is increasing in fare prices.
    parang ganon na nga... pag dating ng 60 per liter ill start using public transport more often... as of now, i do commute pag wala na budget for gas... so mas mapapadalas na if the price of gas hits 60 per liter.

even if the public fair are rising, its still a lot cheaper to do that than use the car... with the gas, parking, toll fees.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hold on to your panties but it was just at the news that oil has hit US$129 a barrel. Its also expected to hit $150 by end of the year.

This means if gasoline is priced at P55/L (current P52/L is still not done with under-recovery), by simple price projection of the percentage of the increase, by year's end the price of gasoline will hit P66/L.

So, has the fuel prices reached the "ouch" level for you yet?
    Is ringostarr around to hear the news?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Oil now at US9/barrel and projected to hit US0 by year's end