New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    reformulated xcs...what's with this kaya? may ethanol kaya eto? its a preparation daw for the implementation of biofuels law... o marketing gimmick lang

may nakapg try na ba?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    malamang eto na ung gas with ethanol mix. bka 5% mix palang eto. patented ata etong mix na to a... ayaw sabihin ang components ng reformulation nila e.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    i hope it does not contain ethanol, otherwise, its plain deception. they have to be transparent when it comes to ethanol, knowing that its not compatible with a lot of cars here.

hardens rubber hoses and bad for carbs.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    reformulated xcs...what's with this kaya? may ethanol kaya eto? its a preparation daw for the implementation of biofuels law... o marketing gimmick lang

may nakapg try na ba?
    -->> ito ba yung complete combustion system?
    i tried it last night, IMHO, my car didnt perform well, especialy in 1st & 2nd gears, naghihina yung makina ko before it can give power to the wheels. total shell user ako(v-power or s.unleaded), just tried this xcs last night kasi empty nko and petron lng mkta ko.
    lets wait for the gurus to fill in

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I think it's just a marketing gimmick. Just like what they did to its unleaded - it was renamed "Xtra". Then, they announced the "Xtra Mile Challenge".

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    so, marketing wise, they just have to have something new since caltex introduced their techron and shell their vpower.... tsk, tsk, tsk

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    bago ako nagpa gas kagabi tinanong ko kung may ethanol sya, sabi wala naman daw, hopefully wala nga, otherwise switch ako to another gas...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho marketing gimmick lang...just stick sa fuel brand na hiyang sa kotse mo...
    personally sa big 3 lang ako nagpapakarga...di maganda takbo ng civic ko sa Total...takot naman ako sumubok ng fuel sa ibang players....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chieffy View Post
    imho marketing gimmick lang...just stick sa fuel brand na hiyang sa kotse mo...
    personally sa big 3 lang ako nagpapakarga...di maganda takbo ng civic ko sa Total...takot naman ako sumubok ng fuel sa ibang players....
    As much as possible, I use Petron Xtra only. Pag medyo alanganin ang Petron Station, punta ako sa Shell or Caltex.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Reformulated XCS?

That might be true. From time to time, gasoline companies adjust the additives that they put in their gasoline to better suit the market. The current XCS Plus has Valvemaster.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
new gasoline by petron