New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Yes, but the knowledge that there are 'these cars' out there, makes you think twice before you buy it.....

3404:surfing:

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    When I buy a 2nd hand car, I don't primarily look at the odometer. I mainly look at the car's general condition, inside & out.

Kaya mas gusto kong bumili from the real owners, rather than used car lots

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Some people say that IT IS POSSIBLE-by just removing and changing the meter/guages assembly of the dashboard... I don't have any idea how but I think it makes sense. Does it?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Haaaaaay..... had a recent encounter with these crooks!, saw a corolla for sale in the classified ads. It stated in the ad that the car has 50,000km, when i went to see the car it had 45,000km on the clock, the car had a really worn shift knob and pedals not to mention cracks in the paint finish all over the car. Owner claims that he is the 2nd owner of the car but it was not under his name and didnt have the service record to back up his claim on the mileage of the car.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Well, MY 02 Civic's less than 60k mileage is accurate. 100% casa kasi siya kaya naka-record mileage niya doon every time I go for service. I REFUSE to sell to dealers though dahil sobrang LOWBALL offer ang ginagawa even WITHOUT looking at the unit's condition! Minahal ko pa naman yung car na yun.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis28 View Post
    yeah. we did that one time with a ford. hehe
    tsk tsk tsk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    When I buy a 2nd hand car, I don't primarily look at the odometer. I mainly look at the car's general condition, inside & out.

Kaya mas gusto kong bumili from the real owners, rather than used car lots
    +1! Sabi nga eh, low mileage nga, balahura naman yung dating owner against a car with a really high mileage reading pero sobrang alaga yung tsikot. What's your pick? I'd pick the old one though!

We have a 96 EK Civic pero 48K palang reading. Why? My mom's office is only about 400 meters from our house and the mall is about 1km from my house! Oh, we got it second-hand in 1998 with 27k on the odo. Walang lang. Share ko lang.

Back to the topic. So depende talaga. Although alam natin maraming manloloko dyan pero it's our responsibility to watch out din. My two cents po.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I was offered the other altis (G) that my dad bought from a 2nd hand dealer. 23tkms on the odo in exchange for my altis (E) (previously owned by my cousin) which has 60tkms on the odo. When I drove it, hindi ko nakita ang "comfort zone" ko....inayawan ko. hehe.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo's friend View Post
    oo meron tampered, pero depende yan sa seller (if manloloko)... and buyer (if maloloko)

i got my car at 19TKm only eventhough 26 months na sya. how did i find out na di sya tampered? the seller asked me to check the car from place of residence. i saw 2 other cars there which really established that the car i was looking at is used primarily on coding days, explaining the low mileage.

it is really worth it to check out the seller, and buy from DIRECT sellers. and, lastly - buy from another tsikoteer :lol:
    Thanks Dory!
    I sure miss that altis, but im sure its in pretty good hands withyou

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    minsan swertehan lang tlga para mkakuha ka ng low mileage car. yung akin, I got it from a big time business woman sa may valle 6. civic 95 with 56k kms. reading. last february ko lang cya nkuha. pano ko nlaman na totoo...? meron milegae plus ung honda... every 10k kms. ata un check nila.. then may sticky rin sa may front reminding kung kelan mo babalik sa casa. meron din cya notebook na bigay ng honda kung saan log lhat ng activities ng mga tech and mechanics plus kung ilang mileage narin... kaya di ko na pnakawalan ung au2... 12 cars kc ung au2 ng may-ari.. as of now 59k n takbo ko...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Low Mileage Cars for Sale... tampered or not?