Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • ABS -> anti lock brake system

13 41.94%
  • airbag-> driver only

0 0%
  • airbags->driver+front passengers

0 0%
  • airbags->all coners of the interior(front, side, etc..)

8 25.81%
  • others->sensors, GPS, night vision, etc..

10 32.26%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I need everything that the S-Class has.
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    just to asked a simple question,, how many of you guys plan to have and accident with your car? because from the stats 90% of accidents are caused by the drivers being distracted or for what ever reason it may be...i saw show on tv that clearly stated that all the safety features you can get in a car is really nowhere as close to protecting you as you can protect yourself by driving to the best of your abilities and not get distracted from concentrating on your driving.... my opinion is that people tend to relax when driving because they know that the car they are driving is all full of airbags and other safety gadgets... i mean doesnt airbags kill 1 person for every 20 it saves.....overall i believe all the safety gadgets are a plus for any driver... but then i guess its really up to the driver in the end..........

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    just to asked a simple question,, how many of you guys plan to have and accident with your car? because from the stats 90% of accidents are caused by the drivers being distracted or for what ever reason it may be...i saw show on tv that clearly stated that all the safety features you can get in a car is really nowhere as close to protecting you as you can protect yourself by driving to the best of your abilities and not get distracted from concentrating on your driving.... my opinion is that people tend to relax when driving because they know that the car they are driving is all full of airbags and other safety gadgets... i mean doesnt airbags kill 1 person for every 20 it saves.....overall i believe all the safety gadgets are a plus for any driver... but then i guess its really up to the driver in the end..........
    The best safety feature is always the driver who has a dose of common sense and drives with safety in mind (seatbelts, defensive driving style). But, there are times when fate intervenes and some driver rams into you. I rather have the airbags than none at all.

I was just remembering the two same-day accidents (not far from our house) caused by drivers who didn't do a full stop at a 4-way stop (at a 40mph residential main road) and ended up t-boning cars who had the right of way. The speeds were pretty slow. But still, the cars that got hit were in pretty bad shape after being broadsided. Both had no side airbags. Good thing the drivers of those cars were alone. It's hard to imagine what if there were kids in the back?

Incidentally, both guilty drivers were Pinays and both had California plates. Not sure if that meant anything. But, it had me wondering.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 16th, 2007 at 10:47 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Aside from the "driver" option (too easy, what about all the other drivers on the road?), the most important item isn't there in the poll...

[size=5]Tires[/size]

ABS only helps you maintain control over the vehicle in emergency situations... but from experience, ABS + slippery tires = no control. The ABS on my old Sentra used to trigger very early and very often, because the Yokohama S306s on it had absolutely no grip. So what happens if you're in traffic and the taxi in front of you comes to a screeching halt to pick up a passenger in the middle of the street? (true story follows) You slam on the brakes, the ABS comes on... stutter.stutter.stutter.stutter.stutter... you look to the left to see if you can merge, but there are jeeps and trucks coming up on you at twice the speed. stutter.stutter.stutter.stutter... There's nowhere to go... stutter.stutter.stutter... you come to a stop just a few inches off his bumper. If you'd reacted half a second too late, you'd have hit him.

With good tires, whether your car handles like or brakes like crap, you'll still maintain more control, while having shorter braking distances. My 1.3 Sentra with no ABS and rear drum brakes always stopped quicker than my 1.6 Sentra with ABS... simply because it had on Bridgestone Potenza Grid IIs with more grip. (oh, helped that it was much lighter, too)

Airbags? Meh. I've seen tons of accidents with no airbags going off, and the passengers were fine. And those where they weren't, the airbags couldn't have helped... how well will an airbag protect you from being squashed between a bus and a wall? (they had to peel that car off the wall like a banana peel). Structural integrity, for me, is more important than secondary safety systems. That and good seatbelts.

So, instead of airbags, I'd go for a rollcage and a crash harness... but it'd be hell to get into the car in the morning...
    Last edited by niky; June 16th, 2007 at 02:45 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ABS, para you could still steer and avoid collition whether to the tree, post, the car infront, at the side or passengers.

heard bad things about airbags na, airbags have specific impact site, pag hindi dun tumama indi lalabas airbag, like sa fortuner.

sabi nun isa kong kaibigan masyadong malakas impact ng airbags the kotse ng kaibigan niya, para daw siyang na nasapul sa mukha, seatbelt still is safer.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    i just wish i could install all the good things you need to have to all the drivers. then if we all followed rules and regulations,, i think i would feel a whole lot safer.. but i dnt think its possible.. but that would really be a great safety add-on.. dnt you think.. heheh

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    others ako.

yung baril ni marvin the martian, maybe just 1 on the roof that i can turn 360 degrees. i will set the gun to "shrink" and then i can make any annoying car (like those with 8 plates) become smaller, like really small na kasing size lang ng matchbox. ano kaya tunog ng wangwang pag matchbox-size lang ang may plate number 8 na car?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ako I wanted to be a human ABS... but I dont know how...
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ABS. dami ko nang naiwasang lasing :burp: na bigla na lang tumatawid ng kalye dahil sa ABS.:drive1:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    You forgot one safety feature...Seat Belt.

I'll choose seat belts more than any other safety features on a vehicle.

ABS, its purpose is to "Steer away" eh what if you weren't able to steer away at nabangga ka pa rin at imagine wala kang seat belt?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
if you have only 1 option, what additional safety system will get for your ride?