New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi guys,

Im a bit curious about these new gasolines which claims to have extended mileage. Do they work?

If they do work, Im curious about the principle by which they work. Are they more viscose so that less gasoline would be pumped into the chamber? They have the same octane rating, so how are they supposed to increase power?

Also, a doctor told me that he tried E10, and that it had less mileage compared to gasoline. Why is this? When we step on the gas pedal, the same amount of fuel goes into the chamber whatever kind of gasoline we use, right?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Simply put they don't extend mileage. The best way to get better mpg is controlling your right foot.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mga ek ek lang yun para makahikayat.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa akin, yang mga extended mileage gasolines do not work. its all psychological.
    i've tried different brands, extended or non-extended. pareho lang resulta.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Extended mileage on fuel?? Extended drain intervals..Yes. This is for lube. A very good motor oil can give an increase mileage or fuel economy as what is now being introduced in the market. Actually, this has been sold early on in the US and European countries.
    If you will look at the label and check the API donut sign, low viscosity motor oil (specially synthetics) specify " Fuel Economy" on it.
    I have been using that type of oil since 5 years ago and it really did wonders for both my gas and diesel vehicles.

Aside from having the benefit of a clean engine (low emission), there is a potential 3% minimum on fuel savings. It actually increased my mileage (km/Li) run.

I do not intend to plug Ads, but I have been using MAG 1 5W30 for Gas engines and 5W40 for diesel and my 5 and 7 y.o cars are in tip-top shape. I buy it at Ace Hardware.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by webmiester View Post
    Hi guys,

Im a bit curious about these new gasolines which claims to have extended mileage. Do they work?

If they do work, Im curious about the principle by which they work. Are they more viscose so that less gasoline would be pumped into the chamber? They have the same octane rating, so how are they supposed to increase power?

Also, a doctor told me that he tried E10, and that it had less mileage compared to gasoline. Why is this? When we step on the gas pedal, the same amount of fuel goes into the chamber whatever kind of gasoline we use, right?
    Something to do with the energy of the chemical.

Diesel has more energy than petrol, and alcohol has the least. So E10(methanol w/c is an alcohol) would amount to less engine power so less mileage.

Other brands claims cleaning agents to have cleaner exhaust. We know that bad exhaust eats power from the engine.

Ive heard of stories about fans of some premium gasoline brands giving better mileage, but I havent tried that brand yet. Try Petron XCS if it would improve ur mileage.

But at the end of the day, its about ur foot, early shifting... etc. And no fuel in the world can give u good mileage during the Xmas gridlock traffic.

Merry Xmas!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yeah been wondering how they come up with those numbers. i tried, 95 octane and 93 octane on my vitara and maintained the 2k rpm limit still got 5.8kms/L , then i got a tune up and switched to full syn oil, and changed to K&N air cleaner and added grounding kit. milage went up to 6.8kms/L, but i still maintain the 2k rpm limit. this is all city driving from manila to valenzuela, heavy traffic pa sa mc arthur nun kasi ginagawa yung tulyahan bridge.

like what they say controlling your right foot is the key along with proper car maintenance.
    Last edited by impulzz; December 23rd, 2008 at 10:43 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Speaking of oils, do synthetics oils really make a big difference in terms of fuel efficiency compared to non-synthetic oils ?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kikoteng View Post
    Speaking of oils, do synthetics oils really make a big difference in terms of fuel efficiency compared to non-synthetic oils ?
    nope. Using a lighter grade of motor oil does though but at the cost of less friction protection.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    nope. Using a lighter grade of motor oil does though but at the cost of less friction protection.
    On the contrary dear Sir, light viscosity oil will give a potential savings on fuel, though it may not be a substantial figure. As for the less friction protection, No, it does not cause any damage at all.
    In fact new and good oils are now loaded with advanced additive technology specifically designed for fast start ups, extended drain intervals, heavy load and stop and go driving operations.
    Almost all latest American and European car manufacturers are recommending this type of oil. 5W30, 5W40, 10W30, 10W40.
    However, this might be true to some imitation or poor quality oils that does not comply with the required warranty specifications and approval ratings.
    Some oils has claims written all over it, some claims to be genuinely made in US or Europe but in reality, just blended and manufactured in some unreliable backyard factory in some neighboring countries.
    Choose the reliable brand and your reliable seller.
    Caveat Emptor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
How do extended mileage gasoline work?