New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I thought that the peso was rising steadily against the dollar. So, this brings me to the obvious question...why are they threatening to increase the prices of oil products again? Diba dapat meron ding downward adjustment ang prices due to the improvement of the foreign exchange rate?

Or, do they only adjust prices upwards? Kung meron mang adjustment to lower the prices, its only P0.05 to P0.10 per liter at the most compared to price increases of P0.70 to P0.90 per liter.

Thing is, the smaller oil players are usually first to raise their prices. The Big 3 follow suit not long after.

Sorry for the gripes, folks. Sakit na kasi sa bulsa kung minsan. Kawawa naman tayo kapag parati nalang ganito.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is to make up for the lost revenues in purchasing high cost products during the period of time wherein the FOREX rate was very unfavorable for the PESO. minsan, selling at a loss pa ang mga companies just to get rid of the old inventory which had a very high landed cost. kaya nagtataas, para makabawi. ganyan talaga ang negosyo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    also, based on what i read, OPEC is reducing its oil output.

Hike in Gas Prices by Small Oil Players