New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    iquaruzz... hehehe. Akala niyo lang yon. Mixing Gas and Diesel is bad. Acceptable lang yun pag nasa super cold climates and hirap mag start yung engine.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    when gas prices reach 30 pesos per liter, which they are already forecasting, yung tanong mo kung gas o diesel will become moot and academic. Ang problema sa crosswind xuv series, its underpowered, has poor fuel economy than its cousins (crosswind xto which was phased out), and has lousy ride.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    in my opinion, it's better to define your purpose first. like one should know why you need the car.
    one common example is if i want to use it to help me earn a living, i should go for the diesel, provided i know what size of engine is best suits my requirement. (let's say a truck... i wouldn't choose a 6 cylinder engine if my load capacity is under 700kg, that would really waste energy due to excess power.)
    if i want to use it for recreational combined with comfort and convenience, you may have to choose gasoline.
    if i want speed, definitely gasoline is my choice.

but of course, there are still many factors that will help you decide which one you should go to, and they should be treated case to case.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    hybrid car is the best option, pero wala pa tayo nun :charing:
    Last edited by driven; September 3rd, 2004 at 10:52 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by raikonen
    hehe..Sorry guys, but my thread was just moved here...
    then, DIESEL it is...
    one more thing.. i've never driven a crosswind before, i've never owned a diesel before, so help me out here...

REVO VX240d or CROSSWIND XUVi ?? and why??
    medyo biased siguro ako sa post ko ngayon, meron revo diesel si erpats since 2000.. matipid at matibay, walang napalitan sa engine area/underchasis... usual PMS lang every 5K sa casa din.. hindi din mahal ang maintenance..

kung nakaka 1100php weekly ka sa revo gas mo, pag nag-shift ka diesel (revo or crosswind) eh magiging mga 500php na lang hehe

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Raikonen:

Revo? Crosswind?! Adventure ang da best! :-)

Kanya-kanyang pros and cons yan. May ikinwento yung kilala naming driver regarding Isuzu engines. One time, nagbaba sila ng Crosswind from Antipolo for minor repairs. Pina-estimate daw nung may-ari yung cost. Umabot daw ng 300k! Dahilan kasi nung casa, the parts aren't really available locally and have to be ordered from Japan. Kinalabasan, ibinenta na lang ng may-ari yung Crosswind niya. Such a waste of a capable engine.

The main beef I have with Toyota naman is maliit yung makina niya. Hirap na hirap sa akyatan. Madalas akong sumakay ng FX nun papuntang Antipolo, so halos lahat ng AUV at van na bumibyahe, nakita ko na in action. Napapansin ko lagi, ang Toyota pag akyatan na, pinapatay pa ng driver ang aircon para lang maka-arangkada and even then, kapos pa rin. I've never seen it happen pag Adventure, Hi-Lander or even Besta ang minamaneho.

It's really up to you. Beyond the perks being offered by either brand, piliin mo kung saan ka mas komportable at panatag ang loob.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 7th, 2004 at 07:53 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ang gastos ng 2.0G ng adventure namin... masmagastos pa sa 3.4 V6 ...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    thank you guys for all your inputs... i will definitely go for a diesel now.

to bogeyman- the adventure looks nice in and out but from what i've heard, mitsubishi has a NOT so good reputation regarding customer service on vehicles with warranty pa. my friend personally experienced this when he had some electrical problem with his adventure (and 12,000kms pa lang natakbo nya pero may kumakalampag na daw sa loob ng dashboard).

regarding toyota's weak engine- i have not experienced that kinakapos sya although i am using a 2.0L Revo SRJ A/T gas right now with 61,000kms on the odometer. haven't tried the diesel yet.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    its obvious that DIESEL is the better choice.
    dapat lang siguro, kasi nasa Diesel Club forum tayo..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    go for the VX240D! revo ang pinaka comfortable sakyan sa lahat ng AUV!
    Signature

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
GAS or DIESEL [Merged]