New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    REVOGSX,
    Super init ng Araw at that time, twas summer
    naka todo ang aircon, wala pa akong tint.
    car was a 92 Lancer GTi (porma kasi kapag walang tint)
    buti na lang ako lang mag isa sa NLEX,
    did not pass an overpass, so walang nagbato ng bato.
    i drove back with my head sticking out of the driver's side window
    moral lesson, wag maging magporma at mag tint ng windows he..he

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sobra talaga yung walang tint. somewhat the same thing happened to my dad. Galing bundok, sobrang lamig, PAgbaba to the city, nabasag ang windshield due to temp. difference.

PK, Thanks! I'll try to find it!

FrankDrebin and Ungas, Great info!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    noteworthy, discharged battery? suspension failures? on a strada? what happened?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    kimpoy: di amoy itlog na ang carpet mo.hehehe. tama lang ang thread na ito. mahal na ang diesel at gasolina. magbisikleta nalang tayo lahat.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    **** 2. Skip a gear (go from 1st to 3rd or 4th) if you are on a flat road or slope. ****

pwede po ba to? walang masisira sa transmission or anything?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pede po. pa forward lang po, never forward to reverse. you can even start from 2nd gear.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    bwn, yup yup... na discharge ang battery. suspension? broken leaf. eheh yup yup strada. :D I guess its the terrain I run into EVERYDAY made one of the leaves split. :D

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    shifting to early will lug the engine, or starting in second gear, it will hurt more the engine internals than conserve fuel. lugging the engine is has worse effect than reving a newly started engine. another thing for pick-ups is to put a bed cover for less drag on the tailgate, air up your tires properly, dont airdown to achieve better ride let the suspension take care of it. no aircon or aircon the same lang, you create wind drag when you open the windows, aircon ka just dont put the thermostat in full high, mag pa tint. use good quality oil, have your bearings repacked, so as the gear oil to lessen friction.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    want to clarify 2 things
    1.bakit po marami akong nakikita na bago mag off eh ni rerev. Di po ba para sa charging ng battery ito.
    2. my dad always tell me na on a cold start, leave it idle for 3 mins para yung oil eh well distributed sa makina para maganda takbo, i also heard it from others, para daw long live engine parts.

pls inform me better?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1.bakit po marami akong nakikita na bago mag off eh ni rerev. Di po ba para sa charging ng battery ito.

-An old mechanic myth, pag tinataasan mo rev kakarga daw muna alternator and oil will circulate more. Which I find it hard to believe, first the alternator has been charging your battery while the vehicle was in motion before you stop the engine and it is the one supplying all the electrical needs in your vehicle. The battery acts as a backup supply incase if there is more need for the alternator supply. Second, oil will eventually rest at the oil pan overnight. Yes it will pump in more oil than needed but why need oil when the engine will rest for more than half an hour?

2. my dad always tell me na on a cold start, leave it idle for 3 mins para yung oil eh well distributed sa makina para maganda takbo, i also heard it from others, para daw long live engine parts.

Oil is needed to properly lubricate all the moving parts needed. Putting strain on newly start engine adds burden to some of the unlubed parts. When oil is resting at the oil pan, only half of the crankshaft is submerged while all the parts above it have little or sometimes no oil to protect from friction. Leaving it idle for a couple of minutes will help lube the rings.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
fuel economizing driving technique?