New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I tried all the fuels in the market. V-Power fits me, pero tingin ko ay matipid ang shell unleaded or Petron unleaded.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Seems like most of you who posted here prefer shell. Sakin nman Petron Blaze gamit ko sa altis ko since last year. Tried Petron Xtra Unleaded, Shell V-Power and Caltex Silver pero nanginginig sasakyan ko e. Sa Petron Blaze lang ok ang takbo at pinaka matipid sa gas 15km/l at most on provincial driving. Minsan almost 16km/l pa.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    I have always asked myself the same thing.

So far I've only come to the conclusion that it depends on the driver's right foot. I can fill up my tank with the best fuel that I think will give me the extra mile but if I have a nasty habit of mashing the gas pedal then it won't do me any good now would it?

I believe that in the end it's all about your driving habit.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    There have been several threads here about fuel consumption. On EFI engines especially, using lower octane gasoline will make the engine feel tired thus eating up more gas just to keep up with your "foot". On the other side, higher octane gas has enough juice to power up the engine without the need for it to eat up more gas.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

My brand loyalty depends on what credit card I use because of the 3% fuel rebate....

Used to be shell because of shell-citibank mastercard. Now, I am using petron because of petron-bpi mastercard or caltex because of hongkong bank mastercard. Wala naman akong nakikitang significant difference in the rate of fuel consumption amongst the 3 cartels for our gas-fed or diesel-fed vehicles.

4707:santas:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    My brand loyalty depends on what credit card I use because of the 3% fuel rebate....

+1. nag switch din ako from shell citibank to petron BPI this year so i usually gas up at petron. up to dec 31 na lang yata yun 3% rebate promo ng petron bpi. next year pag gasoline ok lang maski saan kasi almost the same lang ang FC pero pag diesel petron pa rin...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    update ko lang, I just finished a full tank of shell v-power, it gives me using the same conditions as before a fc of only 11.5 kms/liter. Sigh, its back to shell unleaded uli.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    In a changing traffic situation, it is hard to equate a particular fuel brand in terms of mileage. Ex., you have a full tank of X brand fuel from point A to point B in a rush hour and it gives you only 600 km mileage because of traffic...the next day, not in a rush hour, using the same car filled with full tank of Y brand fuel and same destination, you get 700 kms.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Matipid ako sa shell, pag sa Caltex bigla nalang nauubos!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Hiyang naman auto ko sa Caltex Silver, all through out eto lang kinakarga ko (may mura kasi samen eh, hehe! ). I use around a consevative, light-footed driving of 8-9km/l... though not bad for a 2.0L ride!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Which fuel brand gives more in terms of mileage?