New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sirs,

I have been experimenting with different fuel brands lately and I find Shell to be more fuel efficient. My 55 liter full tank would give me 770 kms, or roughly 14 kms/liter. Whereas when I had a full tank with petron it would only give me around 600 kms or roughly 11 kms/liter, I also had a full tank with Caltex and it would give me around 650 kms or 12 kms/liter. All of these figures were derived using as basis 0 kms on the tripmeter and tank filled to the brim. Driving conditions remain constant (I maintain a top speed of 90 kph and around 80 kms a day, and only turning the airconditioner on when I am 5 kms from the City). Are my findings correct? Anyone who can validate my findings?

P.S. My tsikot is a vitara 1.6 SOHC pala.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same here, i get around 5 to 6 kms more on shell unleaded, or around 11 kms/l
    but last week, i loaded up on E10 just to test. although the engine runs very quiet, acceleration is very smooth, my FC changed from around 10 kms/l to around 9 kms/l.

for caltex, i usually average around 10 kms/l. for petron, the engine is quite rough and i average around 10 kms/l din.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It really depends on what your car likes. Some cars run best on XCS, some run best on Shell Unleaded, some run best on V-Power, etcetera...

Personally, from experience, my car runs best on V-Power.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    shell premium for me

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    iba-ibang drivers, iba-ibang cars, may kanya kanya na best fuel to use based sa mga experiments nila. For now, wala akong conclusive na observation.

Pero, maraming nagsasabi that they get better milage duon sa mga higher octane gasoline (95 RON) compared to the standard grade of 93 RON.

I have been almost exclusive user of shell unleaded, I have about 4 months of data. I will be shifting to caltex silver this week. Tom mag pa change oil ako, so more or less makikita ko kung may difference.

BTW, odometer is 10,100+ km 4 months old today.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Shell din best FC sakin. Pede alternative Total kasi mura. Sa mahal ng gas naun.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Shell unleaded din for me. Yung full tank ko umaabot ng around 360-380kms. 95 Lancer GLXI yung tsikot ko.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Petron Xtra Unleaded for me, but haven't filled up with it for quite sometime now since the nearest Petron branch has crappy quality. So, had to settle with Shell Super Unleaded.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Seaoil E10 for my corolla xe big body.... Petron is ok, Caltex is better but Shell has the worst FC among all..... di siguro bagay sa car ko.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Didn't notice much of a difference between Chevron's Gold and Petron's Extra Unleaded. I switched from Caltex Vortex Gold to Petron Extra Unleaded for about 6 months. Then again, perhaps the difference is already between the octane ratings. I'm currently on my first tank of VPower. Let's see if there'll be major consumption changes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Which fuel brand gives more in terms of mileage?