New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    good day mga fellow friends..
    sir just want to ask your opinions regarding fuel additives(STP for example or other brands),i'm planning kasi to give a try of those fuel additives in my car (toyota xl 94 model)i'm thinking kasi baka makatulong in reducing the build-ups in the engine as the product says..any opinions po ba?would it really clean or reduce the build-up in my engine?is it safe?would it really save gas though in a minimum ways?..have anyone here tried already in your car?anu inputs or experiences sir? just want to ask muna sainyu sir before i give it a try to my car...
    thanks a lot in advance friends...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rocel View Post
    good day mga fellow friends..
    sir just want to ask your opinions regarding fuel additives(STP for example or other brands),i'm planning kasi to give a try of those fuel additives in my car (toyota xl 94 model)i'm thinking kasi baka makatulong in reducing the build-ups in the engine as the product says..any opinions po ba?would it really clean or reduce the build-up in my engine?is it safe?would it really save gas though in a minimum ways?..have anyone here tried already in your car?anu inputs or experiences sir? just want to ask muna sainyu sir before i give it a try to my car...
    thanks a lot in advance friends...

It has been tried and tested before many times.

It does not work.

Save your money.

Just keep your engine properly maintained.

If you want to save money on fuel... buy a smaller car or convert your car to auto-lpg or use public transport.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    It definitely WORKS...

...ON making you buy it and giving no effect on your engine!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    good day!
    ganun po ba sir? i thought it's effective because it's from a good product,though my car is well maintained naman in my oil change, i'm planning to buy na sana those fuel additives for much effeciency and use it in my carthanks a lot sir for your information..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    [SIZE="3"]Just invest on a good engine oil...

Badtrip pa nga yang STP kasi gumagamit kame niyan dati sa lumang sasakyan
    sa kada change oil...lumalapot nga yung oil pagkatapos mo ihalo...Siguro
    kung may mga oil leaks or kumakain na ng konting oil yung engine mo
    pwede sigurong ihalo...

But I still won't put any additives with my current ride...Just use a good oil...a synthetic one...
    [/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Sir what can you say about:

1. Petron Octane Booster
    2. STP Fuel Injector & Carburetor Treatment
    3. STP Gas Treatment

STP GAS TREATMENT
    Improves the quality of gas and keeps fuel injectors and intake valves clean.

STP® Gas Treatment improves the quality of gas by adding powerful cleaning agents that help fight the accumulation of harmful carbon, gum and varnish deposits in the fuel system that can reduce performance. Also engineered to remove water, which can lead to fuel line freeze. This product is made with jet fuel, a high-quality carrier of active ingredients.
    Regular Use Helps

• Boost the cleaning performance of gas
    • Save gas by keeping fuel intake system clean
    • Fight fuel line freeze by removing water

Usage Frequency

Use regularly when you fill up
    Take Note!

STP® Gas Treatment is safe for all gasoline engines.

STP FUEL INJECTOR & CARBURETOR TREATMENT

Fights deposit buildup and helps keep fuel injectors and carburetors clean.

Without cleaning, deposits can lead to hard starts, lost acceleration and rough idling. STP® Fuel Injector and Carburetor Treatment is specially formulated to maintain clean performance of fuel injectors and carburetors by helping prevent accumulation of deposits. It’s made with jet fuel, a high-quality carrier of active ingredients.
    Used regularly, helps

• Save gas by keeping fuel injectors and carburetors clean of harmful deposits
    • Prevent power loss
    • Reduce engine friction
    • Maintain optimum engine efficiency

Usage Frequency

Use regularly when you fill up.
    Take Note!

STP® Fuel Injector & Carburetor Treatment is safe for all gasoline engines.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir what can you say about:

1. Petron Octane Booster
    2. STP Fuel Injector & Carburetor Treatment
    3. STP Gas Treatment

Generally a waste of good money.

Octane booster is only applicable if your car needs higher octane than what you can buy at the gas stations.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Generally a waste of good money.

Octane booster is only applicable if your car needs higher octane than what you can buy at the gas stations.
    how about the FUEL CARBURETOR TREATMENT sir? is it considerable to use in my old car?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how about the FUEL CARBURETOR TREATMENT sir? is it considerable to use in my old car?

FUEL CARBURETOR TREATMENT is usually sold as "fuel injector & carb treatment". Is it that hard to keep fuel injectors and carburators clean?

If you carb is dirty enough to affect your engine, it would still be better just to do a strip/clean/assemble of your carb.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    It definitely WORKS...

...ON making you buy it and giving no effect on your engine!
    +1 chief! Not only these products actually "WORK"...but they "CLEAN" efficiently as well............

they work thoroughly thru your pockets until all of your savings are cleaned-up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Fuel additives, need opinions...