New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I also tried this DTS tuning chip to my Strada, the accelaration was way very much differ to stock engine but i never bought this tuning chip. Hindi kaya ng budget ko.

O.T.

I saw on ebay a cheaper tuning chip only $139.00 plus $ 7.00 shipping cost via mail.. i bought this, nothing to loose when you test this unit also from Germany. I test the unit and installed to my strada for 2 months now , Im very happy and satisfied to the result with the small amount..

My vehicle is already out off warranty, I also show this tuning chip in one of Mitsubishi Casa and they test my Strada, the Service Manager was so amazed to the gadget. para na daw ako naka VGT.. They installed the ODII Scanner to check the difference on the stock engine, They see nothing on Idle but on the accellaration it was very different boost on fuel and air specially on the 3rd gear.

I'm not a seller i only want to share my experience on the tuning chips. ( The Brand is No-Limit). You can also search for the happy user of this unit in google mostly from Australia.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There are several chips that can do similar. Another cheap option is the VTech Redbox, which also costs about 25k pesos (without dyno-tuning, but with pre-set maps and dyno-tuning options available).

And the Unichip will work on many cars where an off-the-shelf chip option is not available, and has been installed successfully on many diesels. It's what Tuason Racing is using on its Ford Focus TDCis and their BT50 diesel drift pick-up.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *rcfarinas
    I apologize for my seemingly hostile post. I was having a bad day. Still +98whp on the twin turbo VD engine seems a bit too much. On a roller dyno stock should be around 200whp? That's almost 50% more power. Is that still safe?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    By the claims of the manufacturer's website, the gains are big, very big, unusually big, suspiciously big... How in the world did they put this in a Crosswind and achieve 40hp/71Nm increase? Hell, it doesn't even have an ECU! Dun sa Santa Fe ReVGT (194-230hp) naniniwala ako because apparently there is a tuning house in Taiwan that was allegedly able to chip one to 240hp.

I'm very interested as they we're able to post the performance gains of the Trooper. But its so hard to believe! 50hp/67Nm increase? And the Trooper is known for being maselan. Kakayahin kaya ang ganoong boost sa long term?

If only they'd post dyno pics of HOW they were able to come up with these numbers like Speedlab did with the Unichip para mapani-paniwala ang mga tao

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    *rcfarinas
    I apologize for my seemingly hostile post. I was having a bad day. Still +98whp on the twin turbo VD engine seems a bit too much. On a roller dyno stock should be around 200whp? That's almost 50% more power. Is that still safe?
    Apology accepted. I actually got my dyno done at staging lines in paranaque and they didn't use a roller dyno they used a hub dyno and took off the wheels then attached the dyno to the actual hub of the vehicle.

I double checked the dyno sheet and made a mistake with the horsepower gain. Its actually 86whp not 98whp. i dont know how to post pics here so message me ur email add so i can send it to you.

To your other question, i had my DTS chip installed almost a year ago and don't have any problems with it. Thanks

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    How in the world did they put this in a Crosswind and achieve 40hp/71Nm increase? Hell, it doesn't even have an ECU!
    Pretty big... considering the Crosswind only makes about 50-60 hp on the dyno.

Perhaps it's calculated... It makes 50 on the dyno, they got about 25... so that's a 50% increase... 85 x 1.5 would equal around 125.

But I'd like to know if that's true or a typo... as far as I know, the new 4JA1T isn't electronic injection yet (though it is direct injection) and there's no chip for it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malapit na po maging available ang DTS sa Tsikot Shop Taguig, same price sa SRP na 35k with 5 years warranty.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alainroyce View Post

O.T.

I saw on ebay a cheaper tuning chip only $139.00 plus $ 7.00 shipping cost via mail.. i bought this, nothing to loose when you test this unit also from Germany. I test the unit and installed to my strada for 2 months now , Im very happy and satisfied to the result with the small amount..

My vehicle is already out off warranty, I also show this tuning chip in one of Mitsubishi Casa and they test my Strada, the Service Manager was so amazed to the gadget. para na daw ako naka VGT.. They installed the ODII Scanner to check the difference on the stock engine, They see nothing on Idle but on the accellaration it was very different boost on fuel and air specially on the 3rd gear.

I'm not a seller i only want to share my experience on the tuning chips. ( The Brand is No-Limit). You can also search for the happy user of this unit in google mostly from Australia.
    I also installed a tuning chip in my gen 1 crdi tucson for 3 years now, so far no problem encountered. I'm satisfied with the result. The brand is MAL Electronics also from Germany, product name is CR Powerbox, the cost at that time was 208 Euro.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by redge514 View Post
    - Have you noticed any increase of temperature gauge on your respective cars when installed with DTS?
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post

none whatso ever....the temp gauge is still at the same level with or without the chip.
    i don't have the dts, altough water temp also remained normal for me. but egt is a different story altogether. EGT in excess of 600C in the more aggressive settings

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I'm just curious though bakit hindi ginagamit ng mismong manufactures ang mga race chips. I suppose they know about this technology.
    Will these mods subject the car's engine and tranny undue stress? This could likewise shorten the car's lifespan.... di kaya?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
DTS diesel tuning chip