New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusl View Post
    Thanks for the tip, ghosthunter! I bought one from Concorde yesterday and installed this afternoon (sobrang barok, nakatali muna sa vent-hehe ... will choose a pod later). The verdict? Cement foot. That gauge is merciless! Have to force myself to re-learn driving economically. Will watch for a month but I think I'll see good results in my city driving FC. Sana nga lang hindi ako mabangga kakatingin sa gauge

That is why it is suggested to install the gauge at a position you can see it while looking at the road (or you can still see the road while looking at the gauge).

I have even marked my vacuum gauge dial with red and green sections to help me know if I am driving economically.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Something a bit more high tech:

Ecometer by Auto Meter

http://www.autometer.com/ecometer/

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    isnt the air pressure determined by the speed of the engine?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoy View Post
    isnt the air pressure determined by the speed of the engine?
    Partly.

The air pressure in the intake manifold is also determined by the LOAD on the engine.

LOAD refers to if you are accelerating (and how hard/light), decelerating or driving at constant speed.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 14th, 2011 at 01:19 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pic of my gauge:

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    anyone of you guys sells and installs the product? and how much is it? thanks... I'm planning to have one installed in my car...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhlazzi View Post
    anyone of you guys sells and installs the product? and how much is it? thanks... I'm planning to have one installed in my car...

Car shops which sell and install aftermarket car gauges can do it. Just look for a vacuum gauge you want to use and within your budget.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Car shops which sell and install aftermarket car gauges can do it. Just look for a vacuum gauge you want to use and within your budget.
    can you suggest at least a shop within QC? thanks

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusl View Post
    Thanks for the tip, ghosthunter! I bought one from Concorde yesterday and installed this afternoon (sobrang barok, nakatali muna sa vent-hehe ... will choose a pod later). The verdict? Cement foot. That gauge is merciless! Have to force myself to re-learn driving economically. Will watch for a month but I think I'll see good results in my city driving FC. Sana nga lang hindi ako mabangga kakatingin sa gauge
    sir magkano po kuha nyo sa Concorde?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Nice topic. Pwede kaya ito sa mga Carb engines? tia

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
DIY: Fuel Economy Gauge for your car (to lower your car's fuel consumption)