New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Once nahuli din ako using our Hyundai Grace and I was hauling goods for my dad's business. Buti na lang yung nakahuli sa kin malapit lang sa amin nakatira (the enforcer found out when he saw my license) so he let me go. So everytime may pumapara sa kin, I check kung meron silang pang-habol, kung wala, I simply ignore them.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa TMG and LTO sa provincial route, ang kailangan ay legal ang truck mo sa details - Name and Address of Company (tel number din daw) must be clearly printed on the body of the truck.

Sa mga FB type naman na hindi close van dapat merun "NOT FOR HIRE" signage.

Kung ang itsura ng truck mo ay hindi close van - like the L300FB or the Isuzu PV models - mas hindi ito "takaw sita".

Hindi prone sa sita (smoke belching) yung mga modelong sasakyan kasi alam nilang compliant pa ang mga iyan. So keeping your ride looking very well maintained outside also prevents this.

Maganda yung play money strategy ah.... better start scanning real money and printing them in color with water marks na "BAYAD SA KOTONG COPS"

3. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Dati nung L200 pa gamit ko, twice ako nahuli sa may EDSA southbound malapit sa Munoz. Yung mga bugoy na nanghuhuli gagawa ng on the spot check kuno sa emission mo, may ikakabit na sensor sa tambutso mo pero yung hunghang naman tatapakan nang todo yung silinyador! Aba e talagang uusok yun!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Make sure your truck is properly marked with all the requied markings (not for hire, capacity, etc.)

If you're getting it new, do not neglect maintenance, oil changes, etc.

Always check that your air and fuel filters are clean.

Shift gears at the proper intervals (don't shift too soon) as the engine will try and catch up with the gear and it may smoke.

The use of additional biodiesel can help. (not product plugging here, ok?)

The company that I work for right now bought an L300 FB about a few years back, we've followed the steps outlined above and *knock on wood* so far so good. They don't get stopped and even if they do, they can't say it's a belcher since even their rigged equipment makes it pass.

One more thing, don't drive it like you stole it as it may cause it to smoke.

Hope this helps.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Kung may alternate route, take side streets na lang para iwas sa mga g***ng yan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If they mentioned that the closed vans are more takaw-sita, maybe instead of a closed van type you can get a Canter or ELF type truck with a passenger "FB type" rear (my Tito uses a Kia KC2700 for his business and it seems to be holding well).

Aside from the regular service, using BioD from time to time and cleaning the tailpipe, when they pull you over for an "emissions test", keep your engine running while waiting as an engine that is out of operating temp range would have poorer emission results as compared to an engine running in the optimal temp range. Keep the vehicle clean and looking well-maintained.

Those emission pullovers are a real hassle since they stop a lot of vehicles, it takes up a lot of time as well. A favorite playground i would see is C5 Kalayaan.

With my Frontier before, i would just keep the filters clean, change the oil every 5,000kms and i only washed my tailpipe once in the 5 years it was with me. I would drive the engine hard or rev it hard when parked once in a while and it would hardly have any visible smoke emissions.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    thanks for all your replies,

just came from NE, military, plus some PNP units with long rifles, ang mga nag sita around 9pm, cagayan valley road.

about the markings of a closed van type, one of my suppliers once commented that sa manila pag may markings truck mo mas madami sita. but no comment sya sa provincial roads.

about a passenger type body on a elf/canter, dba may seperate set of mga iwasan yun example sa roxas blvd bawal daw passenger jeepney type ng vehicle. but most likely hindi naman ako madalas dun. thanks for this tip. baka i consider ko narin bilhin yun mga assembled na AUV sa may san fernando (kung mas mura). i believe they have elf chassis and engine and i saw one recenly innova or crv headlights pa.

i dont know of the cost factors yet but i want a vehicle with more than 3.0L displacement para hindi ma laspag sa cargo hauling. dmax na dala ko kaya weight but not the bulk, kung may safe and legal way lang na ma extend yun cab consider ko rin yun (i often remove the backseat to accomodate cargoes). i even consider putting a General purpose trailer but hindi ako marunong mag drive nang ganun at ibang set of new rules din,

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    On a serious note:

Yung mga provincial na yan sir kurt, Php20 lang naman yata.

Sa mga smoke belching teams... I wonder if you can ask to see kung current yung calibration certificate nila. Pati na rin DOST accreditation ng calibrating center?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    If you travel thru makati....might as well get your vehicle voluntary checked by their pollution control offcie at the fire station along ayala. Its P300 and good/valid three months. gud luck!!!!

10. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DLV View Post
    If you travel thru makati....might as well get your vehicle voluntary checked by their pollution control offcie at the fire station along ayala. Its P300 and good/valid three months. gud luck!!!!
    Thanks for the heads-up boss. Magawa nga ito, parang pre-paid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Countering Anti-smoke belching units;  other tips for an owner driven delivery truck