New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    OK ba na mag-imbak tayo ng diesel?

Safe naman kasi mag-store ng diesel kasi it is relatively nonvolatile/flammable.

Hindi rin issue yung price ng container. Second hand food-grade nylon tanks that can contain 1000 liters just cost aroung P4500.

Ano sa tingin nyo guys, legal/feasible/practical ba mag hoard ng diesel?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ang tanong papayagan ka ba ng gas station mag hoard?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    nice idea huh .. tanong .. ilang liters ba sa isang barrel??

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Baka mapunta ito sa Goon Squad ha. :evillaugh:

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sa tingin ko pwede... ganto... buy the container for a 1000 liters then full tank everyday until mapuno yung barrel... bili ka lang ng panghigop para matangal sa tank.

hassle but doable...

kelan ba yung 11 pesos increase na yan?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    practical?... maybe if you have lots of money to tie up on thousands of liters of diesel fuel just to sit around in your backyard. This doesn't even assume the loss due to leakage and evaporation.

At the end, it's still a finite amount. And how long will it take you to hoard enough diesel fuel to make a long term difference?

Personally I would rather tie up my money in real-estate property. That least you don't end up burning up all your "invested" money.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how many liters do you use in a month? assume natin na 1000 liters per month or 250 liters a week.

price ng conatiner na binigay mo is P4500 for a 1000 liter container.

so kung magtaas ng price ng diesel every friday night ng P0.50 then that will be 250 x .50 for the first week, P1 x 250 for the 2nd week, P1.50 x 250 for the 3rd week, and P2.00 x 250 for the fourth week. or P125 + 250 + 375 + 500 = P1275 and masa-save mo every month if you buy 1000 liters at the beginning of the month and use that for the whole month. so para mo mabawi yung 4500 ay 3-1/2 months mo gagawin yan. but of course for example lang yang 1 month. savings will be bigger if say you use that 1000 liters in 4 months, kasi then at the average of P.50/week price increase e mas malaki ang difference after 4 months.

yun lang nga yang P4500 na yan e di pa kasama dyan yung price ng hauling ng diesel. and the price of the diesel itself. magkano na ngayon (sorry wala ako sa pinas, monday lang ngayon sa thursday pa ko ng madaling araw dadating dyan hehehe). P45? so 1000 x 45 = 45,000 pesos.

parang hindi worth it, unless sobrang laki talaga ng usage mo.

btw merong company offering rent/sale of above ground storage tanks complete with pump, meter, hose and nozzle. they deliver the diesel to you at wholesale price. search mo lang may website sila e.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ sir parang too much yung 250 liters a week... more like 50 - 70 liters per week... that is kung garapal ka sa drive. our starex consumes about 20 liters a week for normal routines around metro manila.

yung mga sales agent ng companies have 300 liter allowance for a month and considering na they are on the road 80% - 90% of the time... hindi kaya ubusin yung alloted allowance.

kasi kanina sa news... increase daw ng 11 petot per liter diesel... hindi ko lang naabutan yung details.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Yeah madami nga 250L a week but if you make it less then it makes hoarding even a waste of time. Kamo instead of using your hoarded diesel you can sell it 6 weeks later at the new price less a peso para sayo bumili yung mga tao Ako personally I wouldn't do it. Even if unleaded goes to P70/L and diesel to P63/L kaya ko pa kasi just this weekend I was computing what could happen if oil goes up to P70, since I consume around 10L for my Accord, about 7L for my Civic and around 15L for my Landcruiser (diesel) I would spend around P2135 on fuel a week which is not so bad. It can easily be mitigated by not going out to eat every week, maybe every other week na lang... Now if it goes to P100 I have to re-adjust

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_four_fan View Post
    OK ba na mag-imbak tayo ng diesel?

Safe naman kasi mag-store ng diesel kasi it is relatively nonvolatile/flammable.

Hindi rin issue yung price ng container. Second hand food-grade nylon tanks that can contain 1000 liters just cost aroung P4500.

Ano sa tingin nyo guys, legal/feasible/practical ba mag hoard ng diesel?
    Pwede bakit hindi. We used to do that before dahil gamit namin sa farm tractor namin noon back on the 70's. When we need it, its right there dahil kung minsan noon sarado na ang gas station sa gabi. We used steel barrel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Can we hoard diesel?