New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    baka Grumaduate na from UST and went on to his field of expertise.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Baka namasukan na...

ano na balita dito?

Sa kagustuhan siguro magka-used cooking oil, gumawa muna nang Chicharon ni Mang Juan...

Seriously, sana may updates for Tsikoteers.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i took this post by GH from this thread:

http://tsikot.com/forums/concept-cla...89/index9.html

The idea of running on veg oil on nothing new. The problem of running on veg oil is two things. Cost and limited supply. Straight veg oil is expensive. Waste veg oil of the right kind is limited and requires extra labor to collect and properly prepare before it can be used. If the waste veg oil is free, there might be potential but the local market is wise to this. Most (if not all restaurants) sell their waste veg oil so locally, using veg oil as fuel will not prosper as well as in other countries where you can collect waste veg oil for free.
    the post reminded me of this thread. 2010 pa ito

this guy is selling diesel made from used cooking oil

my post:

you're competing with diesel produced by oil companies retailing at less than P40 per liter

are you able to produce your fuel and retail it at below P40 per liter and still make a profit?

do you have a steady supply of raw material?

how fast can you produce and deliver your product?

if a customer ordered 14,000 - 20,000 liters (that's a typical order -- 1 tanker truck), what's your delivery time?
    his reply:

*marg: used cooking oil. What I meant was I can only buy enough raw materials to satisfy my needs because I don't have the capital to start commercial production. Yes, generally speaking biodiesel is more expensive than normal petro diesel, especially in our country (euro 2 diesel). By using economies of scale and proper inventory control I can reduce prices of the biodiesel i make to almost the same price of normal petro diesel (sometimes lower).

*uls: 20,000 liters can be delivered in a 48 hour period from used oil to tanker, depending on the agreement with the fleet owner.

Volume is not a concern because I developed a modular processing system that can easily expand my production capacity in response to the needs of my clients.
    i find the following hard to believe

1. pricing diesel made from used cooking oil at or lower than gas station diesel. magkano price ng used cooking oil? puhunan palang magkano na? then gastos mo sa processing. then your profit margin

2. 20,000 liters in 48 hours? ganyan ka-reliable sources niya? ilan restaurants ang nag commit sa kanya na lagi ibebenta sa kanya lahat ng used cooking oil nila. what if wala siya diesel order? so bili parin siya nang bili ng used cooking oil? stockpile nang stockpile ng cooking oil? para ready siya pag may biglaang malaking order?

well anyway...

so far i havent heard of any company selling diesel made from used cooking oil in commercial quantities

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    More waste veggie oil or Used Cooking Oil may be available for conversion to biodiesel.

Philippine UCO Bio Diesel Production to Receive Boost from Used Cooking Oil Ban | Eway54 Ecodiesel

three Philippine congressmen introduced House Bill 5957 which prohibits the recycling and selling of used cooking oil. Known as the “Anti-Used Cooking Oil Act of 2012″, the proposed legislation seeks to prevent used cooking oil from fast food companies or quick serve restaurants from being resold.

Under the measure, it shall be unlawful for any person or entity to buy or sell used cooking oil, except for industrial purposes, such as, homemade biodiesel fuel, lubricant, soup-making and weather-proofing of exterior woodwork, among others.
    Retailer, proprietor, corporation or local government unit who shall sell, or authorize to sell, used cooking oil that is not to be used for industrial purposes shall be fined with not less than P10,000 but not more than P50,000.

The bill is authored by Congressmen Christopher Co, Rodel Batocabe, and Alfredo Garbin, Jr. (Party-list, AKO Bicol)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    i have tried using WVO. got it from makati. kay sir chips as i recall. it was filtered to be used on a vehicle. i purchased 18ltrs was 30/ltr and later transfer it to my lucida. I mixed it with 1 liter of unleaded gas and have it settled for a week.-this is as per this website that ive been reading for awhile-. poured it into the lucida still with diesel above 1/4 on my fuel indicator.

Want To Start On Veg - Alternative Fuels - Estima Owners

experience smoke sa umpisa and maybe 10kms it went out of sight. no upgrade on my engine but added a small inline-oil filter worth 150 (generic) before the main fuel filter. no problem. the lucida took the oil mix like a diesel. ran like still fed with diesel. i have not gone to makati anymore for its far from my place but if he is... Ill be running with the WVO and keep it mixed up with unleaded into my Lucida. ^_^ . siguro dahil ok sya sa engine ko. pero di ko po alam kung pwede itong mix sa iba.

i tried filtering oils myself. out of 3/4 gal, mga 800ml lang siguro or 900kml lang ang nakuha ko. medyo malinaw na sya pero meron pa rin akong nakikitang kakaiba. kase un oil ko na pinag prituhan lang ng hotdog at itlog sa bahay ang kinukuha ko. took about 1 month and a half.

gamit ko:
    tshirt
    maong
    mag lumang basketball sando
    inner lining ng basketball shorts
    panty (satin)

di ako sure sa sarili ko kung ok nga talaga un pag filter ko. tinapon ko na lang. hehehe. imbes na mag-ok ang Lucida ko, magkaron pa ng major-major problem.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zecand View Post
    i have tried using WVO. got it from makati. kay sir chips as i recall. it was filtered to be used on a vehicle. i purchased 18ltrs was 30/ltr and later transfer it to my lucida. I mixed it with 1 liter of unleaded gas and have it settled for a week.-this is as per this website that ive been reading for awhile-. poured it into the lucida still with diesel above 1/4 on my fuel indicator.

Want To Start On Veg - Alternative Fuels - Estima Owners

experience smoke sa umpisa and maybe 10kms it went out of sight. no upgrade on my engine but added a small inline-oil filter worth 150 (generic) before the main fuel filter. no problem. the lucida took the oil mix like a diesel. ran like still fed with diesel. i have not gone to makati anymore for its far from my place but if he is... Ill be running with the WVO and keep it mixed up with unleaded into my Lucida. ^_^ . siguro dahil ok sya sa engine ko. pero di ko po alam kung pwede itong mix sa iba.

i tried filtering oils myself. out of 3/4 gal, mga 800ml lang siguro or 900kml lang ang nakuha ko. medyo malinaw na sya pero meron pa rin akong nakikitang kakaiba. kase un oil ko na pinag prituhan lang ng hotdog at itlog sa bahay ang kinukuha ko. took about 1 month and a half.

gamit ko:
    tshirt
    maong
    mag lumang basketball sando
    inner lining ng basketball shorts
    panty (satin)

di ako sure sa sarili ko kung ok nga talaga un pag filter ko. tinapon ko na lang. hehehe. imbes na mag-ok ang Lucida ko, magkaron pa ng major-major problem.
    ang alam ko sir may inihahalo na chemicals sa cooiking oil para mag settle sa bottom yung mga unwanted particles before filtering. di ko lang naisulat yung name nung chemicals na napanood ko sa tv. konting chemicals lang yung i-mix tapos iwan magdamag ok na makita mo na nasa itaas yung usable oil at yung dumi nasa ibaba.parang nasa 10-15% yung dumi iirc.
    ok din sana ganito aagawin mo yun supply ng gumagawa ng sabon yung kumukuha sa jollibee at ibang fastfoods.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    any update po dito? tia

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    as usual press release lang

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Biodiesel made by a fellow tsikoteer.