New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The previous gen Jazz was a bit of a challenge when changing plugs. The plugs are located on the other side of the engine which is not exposed.

I am looking at my FXT’s engine and I am guessing it is going to be a b!&£* to replace those plugs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    With some of today's cars, it is easier and faster to replace the igniter of a Boeing 747 to nclude taking the maintenance stand to the aircraft than replacing spark plugs of some cars.
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; May 24th, 2018 at 10:23 AM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    With Subaru's newer designs ... the boxer engine has to be lowered a little to be able to access the spark plugs ...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    More and more people are sharing their concern and frustration in replacing some of the newer cars. Even in the '90's, the toyotaprevia, you have to remove the front passenger seat, the floorboard under that seat and you better have a 3/8 drive 6" wobble extension with your ratchet and 5/8" spark plugs socket. Not all cars are that easy to service until you tried them, hence, the longer projected service life spark plugs. Gone are the days when we had flat head engines with large 7/8" drive easily accessible spark plugs even with just an adjustable wrench.
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; May 24th, 2018 at 03:19 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    Guys, based on your experience, which spark plug brand/type provides the best performance (better acceleration, fuel economy, power, etc)?

When I asked some mechanics, they only said iridium spark plugs are the best but when I searched Lazada, there so many of them with quite wide price range.

PS. Just based on performance, assuming price is not an issue.
    If you are really up to really serious modification spark plugs are only one of them. You also have to modify your ignition coil to racing coil to ensure a steady flow of current and voltage to your plugs.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by granro01 View Post
    If you are really up to really serious modification spark plugs are only one of them. You also have to modify your ignition coil to racing coil to ensure a steady flow of current and voltage to your plugs.
    I'm using stock ignition system on my 500whp car with over 30psi of boost and revving to 9k rpm, no ignition related issues. This has been my setup since 2007 when I boosted this car.

I'm using a cheap replacement "circuit" brand ignition coil(600pesos) and a "surplus" ngk plug wires(1500 pesos.) I just used a generic copper bkr8 spark plug.

So yes, you need to talk to a knowledgable tuner and research. Little knowledge is expensive... LOL.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    I'm using stock ignition system on my 500whp car with over 30psi of boost and revving to 9k rpm, no ignition related issues. This has been my setup since 2007 when I boosted this car.

I'm using a cheap replacement "circuit" brand ignition coil(600pesos) and a "surplus" ngk plug wires(1500 pesos.) I just used a generic copper bkr8 spark plug.

So yes, you need to talk to a knowledgable tuner and research. Little knowledge is expensive... LOL.

dati when i had a 4g63 turbo it came with "cold" spark plugs

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234