New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Performance meter testing will be availible for this event, we can measure 0-60mph/96kph testing to see the change in HP with and without alcohol injection as well as hp messurement with the accelerometer, make sure you know your vehicles weight for the HP testing.

This way you get some real world numbers to pass on and post.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    1. 4JG2-TC
    2. diesoline
    3. batosai
    4. niwde11
    5. 20vanda01
    6. ADAMSAPPLE
    7. Trekker_1967 (will buy kit)
    8. johnqpublic318 (NA Patrol or Everest)

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Devildoc,

Am I right that only those who register their names here are eligible to win in the raffle draw for the stage 1 watermet injection? Those on the list must actually be there to be able to win. I am just clarifying the rules so everybody understands.

1. 4JG2-TC
    2. diesoline
    3. batosai
    4. niwde11
    5. 20vanda01
    6. ADAMSAPPLE

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Or should a pre-purchase be required to qualify?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    To quote Dvldoc:
    "I will still be giving away one full stage 1 kit if we have at least 10 people to show up. That kit is worth almost 9000P so you have a pretty good chance of winning it."

I guess there is no obligation to purchase. A good gesture on the part of DVLDOC.

I think he wants to create awareness of such a device that we Filipinos havent really understood for what it really is. Lytspid is one of the first to talk about it in the forum, since then I did research on it. The 10 (or plus) people will be the witnesses or maybe critics of this product.

Did some reading on it and I havent heard of any damaging effects as long as you have the settings, nozzles, mixture and installed it right.

Questions from rust formation, type of alchohol, boost setting, over delivery was easily solved. Maybe the only draw back is how to refill the meth once it runs out without stopping the car (solution was installing a bigger storage tank)

Got this from Diesel World Magazine Nov 2007/TECH MATTERS.

Q: What do you know about using steam (i.e water injection) to reduce NOx....

A: Yes,water,which turns to steam once inside the engine, can be used to reduce NOx. Oxides of Nitrogen occur as a by product of combustion in turbine, gasoline and diesel engines. NOx is thought to be a significant smog forming components in the atmosphere..... High-peak combustion temperature are responsible for the production of NOx.... In fact test have shown that water (or a water/alchohol mixture) injected into the intake air can reduce intake air temperature by up to 200F in a turbocharged diesel engine. The process converting liquid water to steam removes considerable amount of the heat present in compressed intake air. Reducing intake air temperature can reduce the combustion temperature by about the same amount.... EGT is the primary power limiter in a diesel engine. If you can lower EGT, you can add more boost and fuel-to make more power.
    Last edited by 4JGtootsie; February 19th, 2008 at 11:50 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Yes chances of winning the kit are pretty darn good, plus you can keep it or turn right around and sell it, I promise you after the demo everyone will want it.

With alcohol injection your going to see at least 20% HP gains with no other changes to your vehicle, add a simple manual boost controller and raise your boost by about 3 to 4 psi and your talking up to 30hp on top of that without increased exhaust gas temps.

There are absolutely no down sides to it when the proper parts are used and it is installed correctly. This is not something you want to go cheap on.

And with ethyl rubbing alcohol (113 octane) so cheap and available there at your local pharmacy or grocer your set. It comes in 70% so you can water it down 4 times to get a good 20% or mix it at 50/50 for max power.

Those that are demo vehicles will be able to see this first hand as well as all who attend.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    1. 4JG2-TC
    2. diesoline
    3. batosai
    4. niwde11
    5. 20vanda01
    6. ADAMSAPPLE
    9. Ryan17 (will buy kit/ installation demo?)

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Will you be passing manila? Can we just buy it locally from you instead of ordering it on the net? Who can install it here in Manila? Looks pretty interesting

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by edtf View Post
    Will you be passing manila? Can we just buy it locally from you instead of ordering it on the net? Who can install it here in Manila? Looks pretty interesting

We don't have any retailers in the Philippines yet, and this is one of the reasons for the even to spread the information about the systems. For now you will have to order through the net.

If you can't make the event I can do the same thing I did for another forum member, gave them a special discount code that included shipping from Angeles city to them at a different location in the Philippines. If you live in Manila I can get it delivered to you.

Install can be done by just about anyone who can follow directions, You should have no problems doing it yourself. You just need simple hand tools, a drill, and there is basic wiring to do.

If you buy a kit and have me bring it to the event I will do my best to get it installed or at least do the nozzle mounting, and wiring for you. I can actually pre wire everything were you only have to hook up 3 connections as long as you order in enough time.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Installation is not that complcated.
    Its like installing a horn(busina) and an alarm(slightly).
    Its just relay wiring and tapping from the ignition wire from the main harness. Your neighborhood electrical shop will be suitable for the job.
    Instruction are very clear verything was supplied in the kit except the T and the vacuum hose. This things are readily available by the feet at any auto supply for 10 pesos the T I think a little more.

The thread will be available for your installation questions. I hope to see installation pictures from other tsikot peeps who have installed their unit so others will be guided on how and where to install the pump, to slip the wire and most of all to position the nozzle. Different vehicles have different intake design so it will be helpfull if we can send pictures on where it can best installed.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Alcohol Injection Demo 22mar08 / CLARK