New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hi. i have a 03 XUV for sale and somebody is offering me for a straight trade with a 04 Everest A/T. now my question is that is this a good deal? dba ako lugi? my XUV is flawless and the Everest needs some kind of interior and exterior detailing and might even need a minor washover. any inputs would help. thx

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    As long as the machine under the Everest's hood is still top-notch then it isn't a bad deal. And, make sure too that the tranny shifts smoothly etc. etc. You wouldn't want to exchange your flawless XUV to a vehicle that's going to be a pain in the ass so check everything.

I wouldn't really mind buying a vehicle that has a poor exterior state as long as it rides, drives like a brand new and won't be giving me headaches that will cost me a lot of money

HTH.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    how will i know if the transmission shifts smoothly? i have no idea about autotrans cars since all of my cars are manual..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    You won't feel the so-called shift shock or in layman terms " kadyot " when the tranny changes it's gear.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    For me it is a good deal as long as the everest works well, pero kung madame ka papa-ayos at sakit sa ulo, then stick to your XUV na lang.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i think the car works good naman. the shifting is ok i think coz its fast. iba talgaa ang acceleration nya compared to XUV w/c is very sluggish. one thing that hinders me with the swap is that the interior is kinda dirty and meron mga scratches sa door side panels w/c is the very thing i really hate most and i think imposibble to cure it and also yong exterior kelangan ng minor washover. teka magkano ba market price ng 07 everest ung new look? thx

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^ Parang "dugyot" na description mo sa interior ng Everest ah.

Pero, as long as you're willing to spend for the interior detailing, go for it. Since ok naman kamo ang makina at malakas humatak.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    No offense, but I've driven both cars - and while the Everest can top at 180km/hr wherein the XUV (well, mine's a Sportivo M/T but same engine still) can only dream about exceeding (or at times reaching even) 140km/hr, I think the swap ain't a good deal.

Here's my points as to why:

Fuel tank size - XUV is just 40 liters, Everest is at 80. I pretty much have that sense of contentment when I see my fuel gauge full (makes me feel na kaya ko pa ring kargahan ang sasakyan ko kahit nagmamahal na ang krudo). Not sure if there's anyone else who gets that same satisfaction as I do whenever the car's tank is full, but on a personal scale, it matters. The Sportivo only has a 40-liters tank, which if you fill up will give you that sense of feeling na you got a steal (just right above 1K lang ang full tank). On the other hand, the Everest has 80, which, IMO, when I fill up, feels like my wallet got bankrupt or something (similar feeling I get when I load up my unleaded-fed sedan).

Fuel efficiency - while arguably the Crosswind lineup could've been more fuel efficient if built with lighter materials (like the chassis for example), it still is the vehicle to beat (well again, for me that is). When I do provincial trips di ko alintana gaano ang fuel gauge, while sa Everest pansin ko eh (considering the meter has to deal with 80 liters).

Cost of maintenance - my Sportivo already logged 115K kms., and so far all my underchassis are still in mint condition, ride is still smooth, and to think I've mostly used it for visiting quarry sites with unpaved roads et al. On the other hand, the Everest, now at 70K kms., already had underchassis parts replaced - and to think I've only used it for highway provincial trips.

Physical appearance - while questionable and can be argued on, I can only consider a car "good" if it has that certain balance of form and function. Yeah, it may have a V6, V8, or V10 even, but if I see rusts on the car's shell, I wouldn't even consider it as "good." If a car's well-maintained, it has to be proven not just on the mechanics, but on the looks. Given that the Everest has some work to do in that department while yours is absolutely great inside and out, I think you should really take a look back again and see if it's really worth it.

If I were to decide, I'd say I'll just sell the XUV and check out the options elsewhere. Personally the Everest' interior is significantly more welcoming and roomier as compared to the rest of the vehicles in its class (plenty of cup holders, plenty of room for passengers to move even if all the seats are full, and so on), but that's just pretty much what made it appealing for me. Sure it obviously has a power house far faster than the Crosswind, but given the traffic conditions on a daily basis, rare will you be able to maximize it.

Just my .02

EDIT: to be fair though, the new model of the Everest' RIMS appeal to me greatly, not to mention the financial options. Interior space became a bit tighter though (from a capable 10-seater to a measly 7-seater config).
    Last edited by batang_raon14; June 3rd, 2010 at 04:26 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    thx to all your inputs. ill think about it. im ok with the everest having a minor washover. yong XUV ko din galing washover din eh ang d ko lang talga kayang tingnan is yong mga minor scratches sa 2nd row passenger side door panels at yong sa 3rd row sidings yong sa may cupholder. anywyz ill find a way nalang to remove or minimize the scratches. if ayaw makuha, pde ko naman papinturahan total plastic naman ung part na yon hehe. i really hate dirty interiors

but then yeah, i did go with the swap. its automatic and its fast. it runs 6 to 8 on city and im ok with that. my average on the XUV is 7 to 8 on city driving so i guess im ok with the everest's fuel maintenance. well finalize everything this weekend. wish me luck. still needs more inputs

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    swap was cancelled i think ill stick with my XUV nalang or better sell it and get a matic vehicle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
XUV or Everest