New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Don't put all your eggs in one basket ika nga. Buy the MS for flood-proof riding in the Metro and then when you graduate and the business is good, you can finally buy a sports car. Heck, your budget may even surpass the price of GC. But it's just me...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    What's your business? A pickup could perform double-duty. Some are due for a refresh in the coming months. You may want to look into them.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I see, so a majority still votes for the Premium variant rather than the non-Premium. Alright, I'll take note of that. 220k isn't really big once you start paying in monthly intervals (the wonders of installment plans..haha..). As much as I would like a GC, I think that the impracticality of having it as your non-weekend car is like wearing long-sleeved shirts during a hot summer. Gwapo nga, impractical lang nga but nothing stops a party like a hot car.

I guess #1 ko right now is the Premium Sonata. Already checked out the interior and I really like its "feel"... now if they only followed-up my test drive

Haha, actually had eyes on a Mitsu EX on 2007 but couldn't pull the trigger overpriced kasi dati GT-A eh.

*GTi

Ganun pala yun tips para expense-paid lahat
    Hehe... Kapag mayaman ang parents tapos nakitang matured na ang isipan ng anak, na thoughtful na siya sa parents niya. Marunong na mag-planning at magkontrol ng expenses kahit na lumaki siya sa very comfortable, luxurious and worry-free environment...Especially kapag dating spoiled ang anak, lahat ibibigay sa kanya!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyXIII View Post
    What's your business? A pickup could perform double-duty. Some are due for a refresh in the coming months. You may want to look into them.
    +1 here, it's a really versatile vehicle and puwede pa yung brand new with the TS budget. Pero strada para kung sa front, mukhang MS na rin. hehehe

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    My business shouldn't involve hauling heavy cargo. But in the event I'll do promotions, I'll need to haul 4-5 LCD/Plasma TVs. Still, cargo is at the back of my worries since the car's use is basically for city driving. Would probably only buy the Montero just for its increased land elevation and practicality.

Still, leaning towards the Sonata Premium. I've already suggested that second-hand cars, pero ayaw nila take it or leave it daw yun 1m. Can't simply use the 500k and send the other half to my pockets. And I definitely want to spend for my own car. Ayaw ko yun stigma ng "given by parents" yun mga kotse.

As for the business itself, I decided to emulate US' Gamefly in the renting of console games. I'll wager that piracy would lessen with additional security measures and that I might give them a middle ground between Php100 (piracy) or Php2000 (originals). Meron actually competitor sa PH eh, by the name of Gamehopper, but I'm optimistic kaya naman ng team ko (of course, innovation is included) So as for the car's cargo, I don't see how hauling PS3 games would be "heavy cargo". Distribution would be done via motorcycle (I'll properly train them, no worries there. Alam ko rin annoyance factor nila being an auto driver). Do what you want to do and love and worry about the profits later -- best advice ever for a startup

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    If it's my first car, I'd stick to what I really want, as long as it's within my means and reach.

Most cars (depending on class) already give what we need.
    Last edited by isa1023; February 21st, 2011 at 08:47 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Eh mag business k naman. So why dont your start being practical na..Go for what you need and not what you want.. Any from your choices are still good buy

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Suggestion ko lang po. Bili ka ngayon ng practical na car, one that's fuel efficient, spacious, not as costly and yet maporma and can still satisfy most of your luho's. Like I said before, if you get lucky they might even pay for everything. And then when you are able to save up a sizeable sum by yourself, THEN go and buy the toy that you've always wanted but found it less practical to buy. And there you are, extra pogi points again! "Ang anak ko marunong na magtiyaga magtrabaho't mag-ipon ng sariling pera para sa sarili niyang bilihin!". Of course, if you buy your wants with your own earned money there is more satisfaction that comes from it.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If I was given 1M by my parents to buy a car. I'd buy a 1M peso car even if I have 2-3Million Pesos Net Worth. In which I will buy a Tucson.

If you don't want to have a car that's given by your parents then buy your own car.

For 400k-900k in which you are willing to spend by yourself. 400k would buy a previous gen ALTIS, 500k a previous gen Camry in which second hand cars would be needed to be replaced with new parts to run smoothly. In which 50k would be a good price to make your car in a good running condition, change brake pads, change oil, bushings, etc with interior and exterior detailing.

For 600k-900k would buy a brand new car. From Vios, City, Fiesta, Accent for Subcompacts and Civic, Altis, Cruze, Mazda3 for compacts. You wouldn't need to spend money for maintenance and detailing for they are new.

Also, a Hyundai Sonata looks like a car borrowed from dad or grand-dad if driven by a late teenager. Also the Genesis Coupe, looks like a car borrowed from a dad in a midlife crisis. If you were in your twenties, in which you would look like working class a GC would look good on you. But the Sonata would still look a car borrowed from dad even if you're in your twenties.

As for the Montero Sport, spending 400k from your own pocket is painful, if I were you I'd give my 400k to my parents so that they would just shell out 600k and the 400k would be like your share. In which, you would own 40% of the car. My parents would be proud of me because I'm practical and I saved them 400k in return.

Better yet, if your parents are really into spending 1M in a car let them buy that car but you're gonna shoulder maintenance and gas till that car falls apart or gets sold.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    from your choices, id pick the sonata premium. its right there in the middle of your parents 1m budget and your 1.9m dream car.parang you met halfway ang feeling. also, i dont think you'd ever be disappointed with the sonata.

now, if i were you and im confident with my business venture, ill take my parents 1m and buy a 1m car then ill take my 500k and pour it to the business.

youre less than 20y/o. be practical and business savvy. 2-3 years from now, you can prolly afford 2-3m peso cars. DELAYED GRATIFICATION is the key. what is 2-3years to a young guy like you. car depreciates. take your money now and make it grow. buy yourself your dream car in two years time. im sure you can afford it then. afterwards, buy your parents a 1million peso car for their "we're low profile" days to replace your aging crv whose prolly reaping 200k km by then. :D

again, delayed gratification.

BTW: this thread is well sorted out and present the facts very well and concise. one of the best car comparison threads here hehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Would you compromise on your first car?