New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by htc8p View Post
    surprise surprise. i visited hyundai dealer. they have no tucson diesel, they wont say when they will have one, they wont give test drives. they have just lost their sale.

i am now forced to look at the tucson 2.0 gls 4x2 theta 2 (petrol engine) versus the ford focus.

now they are evenly priced just 20K difference i think. which do i choose now the diesel or the gas engine?
    If you can still wait and money is not a concern, then still go for Tucson CRDI. You can drop a private message to Starex_Gold. He can help you to get a Tucson. There will be a new Ford Focus next year, sayang lang kung bibili ka na ngayon. Have you tried calling all Hyundai dealers? Baka meron pa sila extra na diesel tucson. Good luck sir.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tucson 2.0 gas is economical. Not as economical as the diesel, but maintenance is going to be cheaper. The 2.4 isn't as economical, but it's almost as quick as the CRDi and smooth.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    wait tucson and focus lang ba ang i consider mo? also how much ba budget mo if up to 1.5M dami mo other choices that is better than the focus.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Get the ASX instead. Pasok na budget mo. IMO, its the next best choice after the Tucson.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Personally, I fancy the top-end Tucson with the dual sunroofs... but that's 1.7m...
    The best CUV I've ever had

Quote Originally Posted by htc8p View Post
    surprise surprise. i visited hyundai dealer. they have no tucson diesel, they wont say when they will have one, they wont give test drives. they have just lost their sale.

i am now forced to look at the tucson 2.0 gls 4x2 theta 2 (petrol engine) versus the ford focus.

now they are evenly priced just 20K difference i think. which do i choose now the diesel or the gas engine?
    Some dealers still have the GL R-eVGT variant. Try calling dealers around QC. Dun sa agent na kumpare ko meron pa dalawang R-eVGT, isang GL at isang Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Get the ASX instead. Pasok na budget mo. IMO, its the next best choice after the Tucson.
    Since lumabas na yung Sportage, pwede yun. Biological sisters naman sila ng Tucson.

*Battlestar: Thanks dude.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i think im crossing out the tucson diesel because i would not want to have maintenance service every 5k.

i am also not that keen on the ford focus right now because as you guys said there will be a new one coming out next year. i will hold off my decision for that. but for the same price right now at 1.1 plus i would rather get a tucson gas for the added height.

they somebody is recommending the mistu asx..

this buying process is getting complicated.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Follow your heart

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    kung pwede lang ganon pare. i think i made a reasonable move in getting the altis over the civic. i did have some complains but sometimes you just have to turn a blind eye.

but for this time i want to make a decision that will be "perfect" - like when i got the 99 civic. it was impossible to go wrong with that one.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ As SG suggested, yung new Kia Sportage is worth your visit.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    TUCSON CRDi eVGT!premium! (destiny?haha)

We were scouting for a new vehicle which would become a replacement for out 2008 toyota fortuner which we sold 3months ago used for everyday driving around pampanga,we also have last year's MS 4x2 GLS , so we went of course to see the facelifted strada gls sport V and reserved for a quartz brown so we asked for discounts,free LTO,tint etc. and waited for 3 months so that the unit can be available, and when it came to the dealer this week, there was this buyer who also wanted also the brown strada (isa lang ang available na brown gls sport V na strada) and then suddenly this freaking car client said that sir mas mganda po yung yata deal niya (maybe because he didn't ask for discounts or whatsoever) so we got mad for waiting that long and expecting that car to become ours. T_T na dismaya talaga kami sa mitsu.......

So last 2 days ago,we went to see some car dealers here in pampanga, and so our first stop was honda pampanga because we only needed a car for city driving, of course we were interested in the honda city which was very practical,after that blah blah with the dealer we went to hyundai (we were actually never interested in hyundai's cars) to only see the all new elantra 1.8 A/T but as we walked and glanced on other hyundai vehicles we saw the very appealing sonata which was i think was very very cool but its 2.4 gas engine was really not that practical to buy, so anyways beside this elantra which we were looking upon was a tucson a sleek silver one so we checked it out of course and found out that the price was 1.688!no discounts free tint and LTO regist. only,its "MAHAL" hehe and it was a 2.0 diesel very practical in city driving as well as maybe out of towns or going to manila etc. the thing that caught our attention also was the panoramic sun roof which was also in the sonata premium i guess, so after that we went to toyota and asked if there would be any launch of all new vehicles in toyota and they said "there is still no notification for the new variants to come if ever" we were not really at all interested in the vios or altis IDK why maybe because of the boring interior.

So at the end of the day we went to hyundai to get the tucson for it is well priced, great specs and looks comparing to the asx which we visited last 3 days ago?(which was a bummer) at car world pamapanga,
    the dealer in hyundai pamapanga said as we filled up the papers that this variant of tucson which was a diesel one and a premuim as well is very hard to find some people wait for 2-3 month's in getting this variant and you got this on the day you want it to have.

maybe the strada was never really for us we waited for 3 months and boom it was gone(naghintay para sa wala)
    maybe God wanted us to have this "tucson" which was there in front of us no waiting at all
    it was there for us...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
who wins hyundai tucson vs ford focus