New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    i also post this in ford forum so there will be no bias.

let the showdown begin!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Please be specific. Gas or Diesel?

I'll go with Tucson, mapa gas or diesel.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    hmm diesel na siguro kasi hyundai is known for crdi

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    no one wins, you can't really compare both since one is a hatch and the other a cuv. maybe you could tell us a bit more about why you choose those 2 so we could help you out properly instead of a bunch of people just saying which one they want more. so what do you need in a car? like do you need some thing big or small or more room or just the right size or what you want in a car? performance, comfort, handling, power, great fc, luxury? do you need higher ground clearance? provide us some more info so we can actually help you out properly.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    no one wins, you can't really compare both since one is a hatch and the other a cuv. maybe you could tell us a bit more about why you choose those 2 so we could help you out properly instead of a bunch of people just saying which one they want more. so what do you need in a car? like do you need some thing big or small or more room or just the right size or what you want in a car? performance, comfort, handling, power, great fc, luxury? do you need higher ground clearance? provide us some more info so we can actually help you out properly.
    good questions. here goes. i have always been a car person never really into suvs. since college with 2door civic hatchback to 99 civic to 2010 altis. but now since i have a family and we are looking for another car my wife wants a SUV size. actually it is easier to compare the focus to the tucson because they have comparable powerful diesel engine(am i right?). But i still have no problems sticking with a sedan version (not hatch back focus). im just open to the idea thats all.

what is important to me is balance of fuel consumption and power. i do not really care for luxury BS. i am satisfied with our corolla altis 1.6G. it has a good fuel consumption and adequate power. but this time im looking for a little bit more power since this will be my car. i have never bought diesel engines in cars before but i think fuel costs make me think its the better thing to do. but what is the long term effect of a diesel engine? will it be busted in 10 years? and how about the pollution? will it get dirtier by the year and will cause a lot of engine problems? i think this is a whole new issue. anyway both brands have similar sized diesel engines so i think i will get similar torque and speed. i do welcome the bigger space but both brands are already bigger than the altis.

this now brings me to the quality of these 2 cars. which one is better quality? (ex toyota is basic/stardard while honda is a notch higher in feel, quality and premium) who make the longer lasting engine? (honda hardly breaksdown while toyota always has a problem) who has the better after sales service? who builds with better materials?

i do not know much about these brands. but i know that ford focus is something like car of the year in europe (dont know why). i would appreciate all your inputs and a lively discussion. thanks!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    good questions. here goes. i have always been a car person never really into suvs. since college with 2door civic hatchback to 99 civic to 2010 altis. but now since i have a family and we are looking for another car my wife wants a SUV size. actually it is easier to compare the focus to the tucson because they have comparable powerful diesel engine(am i right?). But i still have no problems sticking with a sedan version (not hatch back focus). im just open to the idea thats all.

what is important to me is balance of fuel consumption and power. i do not really care for luxury BS. i am satisfied with our corolla altis 1.6G. it has a good fuel consumption and adequate power. but this time im looking for a little bit more power since this will be my car. i have never bought diesel engines in cars before but i think fuel costs make me think its the better thing to do. but what is the long term effect of a diesel engine? will it be busted in 10 years? and how about the pollution? will it get dirtier by the year and will cause a lot of engine problems? i think this is a whole new issue. anyway both brands have similar sized diesel engines so i think i will get similar torque and speed. i do welcome the bigger space but both brands are already bigger than the altis.

this now brings me to the quality of these 2 cars. which one is better quality? (ex toyota is basic/stardard while honda is a notch higher in feel, quality and premium) who make the longer lasting engine? (honda hardly breaksdown while toyota always has a problem) who has the better after sales service? who builds with better materials?

i do not know much about these brands. but i know that ford focus is something like car of the year in europe (dont know why). i would appreciate all your inputs and a lively discussion. thanks!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    well since you put it that way i'd go with the tucson if you're going to buy the premium, hyundai right now has the best diesel engine available in the philippines for the price range. it's great all around car, it has power, good handling, space, great features, looks great, good fc. i can't really determine the build quality of both since i'm not that impressed by both cars quality, hyundai's quality is only ok for me but it could be better i don't know but i feel like their cars aren't that solid yet, but they are getting there. ford's quality, well it's a ford they're not really known for reliability. also there's a new focus coming out(or is it out already?) which will probably take a while for the philippine market to get so i'd rather wait for the new one.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Why compare 2 cars in different category?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are those your only options or are you open to other vehicle suggestions?

Example: Mitsubishi Lancer EX GTA, Subaru Forester, Mitsubishi ASX GLS, Subaru Impreza 2.0L HB...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Focus Ghia's interior looks like crud compared to the Tucson, but I like the assembly of the Ford a bit more.

These two are in totally different classes. You can get a much more loaded Focus for the same price as a pretty basic Tucson, but there's no local Focus model that matches the top-spec Tucson CRDi (it has more power, more technology and more luxury than the top-spec Focus TDCi hatchback).

If you're looking for something nice and sporty but also with the legs for long-distance cruising, the Ford Focus TDCi Hatchback is a very good car. 200+ km/h cruising speed. 14-16+ km/l on the highway. Smooth 6-speed dual clutch transmission Dual AC. Prices are pretty good as they're currently on sale (again... for the 1,000,000th time ).

The Tucson you can get at those prices is the 2.0 Gas 6AT. Not as impressive, technically as the TDCi, but the engine is economical for a gasoline crossover on the highway, thanks to the 6-speed, it drives well and looks good. Interior space is better (of course, it's a crossover!), but cargo space isn't that much bigger.

The answer? Bili ka nalang ng CR-V. Nyahahaha! But seriously... GH made some good suggestions. Shop around and see what's in your price range. Lots of good cars available.
    Last edited by niky; May 31st, 2011 at 05:55 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
who wins hyundai tucson vs ford focus