New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    hi tsikoteers,

Im planning to buy this december a brand new vehicle. i want na medyo madami ang makakasakay 8+ passengers... im thinking of AUV or a VAN... whats the best AUV and whats the best VAN today in the market.. I want a diesel engine. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hyundai Starex CRDi.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Depends on your budget:

1) Suzuki APV - if you have limited budget, but want a van that can seat 8, have auto trans, all power, nice stereo

2) Innova - great diesel engine, Toyota cachet and reliability

3) Hyundai Starex - strong CRDI engine, seats 8 comfortably, better service due to formal dealer network in place (vs gray market before)

4) Toyota Previa - great 7-seater van, if you have the budget

5) Dodge Caravan - ultimate people carrier, spacious, versatile seating arrangements

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Innova is currently the best choice for AUV, be it diesel or gas. (So far, no new owners have come in complaining about D4D issues). It does lack a bit of headroom and rear space compared to traditional AUVs, but it's so much better to drive that it's no contest.

As for vans, the Starex has the most comfortable seating of low-to-mid priced diesel vans. The wallowy ride is a minus compared to gasoline vans and MPVs, but driven conservatively, it's not a big issue.

The current CRDi 4D56 turbodiesel of the Starex doesn't drink diesel like the old turbodiesel did, and it's an excellent powerplant.

If you're looking for the ultimate in space, the Toyota Hiace has it, but the seats in the Commuter are built for lemmings, and the interior trim isn't very impressive compared to the Starex. And if you're going to drive it yourself, forget it... climbing into that towering perch they call a driver's seat can give you a hernia. Great low-speed torque from the engine, though.
    Last edited by niky; May 2nd, 2007 at 04:42 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    IMHO mahihirapan ang Innova at APV sa 8+ passenger sigurado bagsak ang puwitan ng mga yan. Sa 8+ passenger recommended ko ang Van.
    Van - Starex, Hiace, Urvan, Spacegear
    AUV - Crosswind

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kaya naman. The Innova's springs are tuned for high loads, which makes it stiff (but thankfully not Fortuner stiff), and the Suzuki APV has a very stiff rear end (which makes it uncomfortable over bumps).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    8+ passengers?
    IMO Van over a 1M budget? i'll go for hi-ace grandia.
    less than 1M? the crosswind xti will do.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    IMHO mahihirapan ang Innova at APV sa 8+ passenger sigurado bagsak ang puwitan ng mga yan. Sa 8+ passenger recommended ko ang Van.
    Van - Starex, Hiace, Urvan, Spacegear
    AUV - Crosswind
    Actually kung 8 pax lang, APV and Innova should do the trick. Also, owning an APV, I can attest that hindi bagsak yung likod ng APV when 8 people are in + luggage.

IMHO, kung more than 8 pax, you should be thinking about something that's more of a people transporter. The HI-ACE Grandia (the top of the line model) is a very very spacious 12 seater that provides comfy seating for 12-14. Medyo parang coaster nga lang yung dating, pero kung gusto mo people mover, you really can't go wrong with the Hi Ace Grandia.

The URVAN, while rated at 16 pax, pero hindi siya comfortable for long. Just ask the riders of those overloaded URVANs plying the xxx-Ayala route (I'm one of them pag color-coding ako).

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Get an Innova. I had 8-9 passengers. No problem with handling. Smooth...

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    Depends on your budget:

1) Suzuki APV - if you have limited budget, but want a van that can seat 8, have auto trans, all power, nice stereo

2) Innova - great diesel engine, Toyota cachet and reliability

3) Hyundai Starex - strong CRDI engine, seats 8 comfortably, better service due to formal dealer network in place (vs gray market before)

4) Toyota Previa - great 7-seater van, if you have the budget

5) Dodge Caravan - ultimate people carrier, spacious, versatile seating arrangements

Guys, actually my budget is P1M up to P1.1M...
    pag AUV ang pinagpipilian ko ay Toyota INNOVA G AUTOMATIC DIESEL or ISUZU SPORTIVO AUTOMATIC DIESEL...
    pag VAN siguro sa budget ko NISSAN URVAN lang pwede... How much ba ang STAREX CRDI? what do u think guys? Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
whats the best AUV and VAN?