New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentos View Post
    good day mga sirs, am new here (sorry if out of the topic), how can i post new thread...wala akng makitang option sa page ko eh...again sorry for trolling ...TY
    You need to reach a specific number of posts before you can start a new thread.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Hi guys! Thanks for all the replies, it really helped me specially when you introduced CVT, now I can do more research on this. By the way, I think we might choose a 7-seater vehicle over the Accent hatchback. Do you guys know of a 7-seater automatic with a price range of the Chevy Spin? Actually we are now leaning towards the Spin since the manual version of it is very efficient (read somewhere they were able to reach 35km./liter for the manual but it is in a controlled environment) is there an automatic version of the Spin and is it near fuel efficient as the manual version?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    My first 4 cars were manual. My current car is automatic, which I bought 6 years ago. I'm about to get another car; and, it will be automatic again. Masarap ang automatic pag ma-traffic tulad dito sa Metro Manila.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by brainmafia_310 View Post
    No Sir. kahit nakamanual ka kung may taga kambyo ka para ka na ding nakaAT. heheheheh. no pun intended or any green thing.

huli ka sir CVT iba nasa isip mo eh.
    Bakit bro.? E, sa "buhok" o sa "batok" (ala masahe) naman ang "haplos"... :naughty2::hysterical:

Ikaw talag o!

From one ETIVAC to another,- I'll drink to that, bro!

BTT: AT pa rin!

22.3K:waltz1:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Battousai1 View Post
    Hi guys! Thanks for all the replies, it really helped me specially when you introduced CVT, now I can do more research on this. By the way, I think we might choose a 7-seater vehicle over the Accent hatchback. Do you guys know of a 7-seater automatic with a price range of the Chevy Spin? Actually we are now leaning towards the Spin since the manual version of it is very efficient (read somewhere they were able to reach 35km./liter for the manual but it is in a controlled environment) is there an automatic version of the Spin and is it near fuel efficient as the manual version?
    I hope it helps to know that the 1.3 VCDi engine is only available with MT. If you want automatic you'd have to take the 1.5L petrol engine and that's nowhere near as efficient as the diesel engine of either the Spin or Accent.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    The even thriftier MY'14 Hyundai Accent HB 6AT (updated from old 4AT) is 968K. The old Hyundai Accent HB 4AT is available (although til supplies lasts) at 868K.
    confirmed na ba yung 6a/t sir basti? wala kasi ako makita na 6a/t sa option sa hyundai worldwide website puros 4a/t lang.

Sent using Pera Padala

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Battousai1 View Post
    We are planning on buying a new vehicle and we are choosing between the Hyundai Accent hatchback and the Chevrolet Spin because these two vehicles are the most fuel efficient from what we have known so far and these two are just right on our budget (less than 900k)

My friend suggested me not to buy an automatic transmission as buying either one of the two vehicles I mentioned for fuel efficiency purposes will be defeated but I am still wondering if there is really an automatic transmission vehicle that comes near to the fuel efficiency of a manual transmission vehicle?
    if you're a skinflint, go MT. you'll never be happy with the AT, because you know that everytime you step on the gas, you're spending at least 10 % more than you should..
    i know, because i do.
    heh heh.
    the secret of not being unhappy with the MT, is to get one with a soft clutch and smooth short stick that moves fluidly..

because diesel is cheaper than gasoline, the innova diesel AT should give you 190 km/1000 pesos of fuel in the city, according to reviews. i guess this compares near enough to what the not-so-small gas MT sedans can do..

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MT. Mas challenging. Pero kung pareho kaliwa paa mo, Matic ka na.

Sent from whatever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    I hope it helps to know that the 1.3 VCDi engine is only available with MT. If you want automatic you'd have to take the 1.5L petrol engine and that's nowhere near as efficient as the diesel engine of either the Spin or Accent.
    Yes thanks for letting me know, I just confirmed it earlier that there is no automatic diesel version of the Spin... Now what would be a better choice for a seven-seater with a price range of the Spin plus the near fuel economy of it? Any suggestions?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    there is a thread in tsikot about HAIMA and as i have read most have good feedback, though i still have reservations with the brand but most on a personal preference.

Foton - hmm, i do not know.?

if you still can spread your budget the innova e (Die/Gas) AT I think is a better choice.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
what should we buy automatic or manual transmission for fuel efficiency and comfort?