New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Getz is decent for long drives. About as good as the Vios/Yaris... although I like the Getz's steering a bit better.

It's not really that small a car. The only thing the Getz lacks is trunk space. Otherwise, it's a match for the Vios and the Jazz.

One thing that might be lacking with a 1.1 Getz is overtaking power. At highway speeds in excess of 80 km/h, there simply isn't any. But if you don't mind doing a lazy lope on the highway (and the Getz 1.1 can still cruise at 100 km/h plus... ), it's perfectly acceptable.
    Last edited by niky; May 13th, 2008 at 04:06 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks a lot for the inputs! Really a lot of insight into things.

But since there have been suggestions of getting the base models of the Toyota VIOS, Toyota Avanza, and Honda City, a friend of mine also suggested considering the Chevrolet Aveo 1.2L Hatchback. I checked the Chevy Philippines website, and the Aveo 1.2L Hatchback is listed at P550K. Is that the real price of the Aveo, and is it worth it? How would it fare against the VIOS, City, and the previously mentioned minicars?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    BTW does anybody have an idea of the prices of the different Hyundai Getz models? The Hyundai Philippines website does not have any pricelist for their cars.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    Ganito ba looks nung locally released Pica (e.g. side mirror turnlights, foglights)?

I've actually seen one in our locality, and it is exactly like what you see in the picture. But I haven't had the chance to check the interior. I wouldn't want to be suspected for being a carnapper.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    *atvfan,

dami bang suggestions? :D Any way, pag nakabili ka na, paki balitaan mo na lang kami. Maganda rin kung masasabi mo kung bakit iyon ang napili mo. thanks. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    among your choices, i would go for the getz. i really like how it looks compared to your other choices and performance is great.

but if you would want to have that car in long-term scale, i would go for the jazz. kaya lang di na abot nung budget mo, unless you have to pay the 550k and finance the rest (maliit na lang...)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ganyan ganyan nangyari saken...yan din mga yan pinagpilian ko. getz and picanto. brandnew.....now..i'm driving a city matic idsi 2007. 2nd hand.

sa isip ko kasi, ang bilis mag depreciate nung other models, tapos, syempre, mga bagong labas pa lang sila, ..and iba pa rin kasi ang honda. problem lang is, it took me awhile bago makahanap ng mint condition na mura na city. 465k.....sabay kame bumili ng mom ko, she got a bnew avanza. and...i don't regret naman my choice. it was a good decision. swertihan lang to find a good 2nd hand car.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by winferrer View Post
    ganyan ganyan nangyari saken...yan din mga yan pinagpilian ko. getz and picanto. brandnew.....now..i'm driving a city matic idsi 2007. 2nd hand.

sa isip ko kasi, ang bilis mag depreciate nung other models, tapos, syempre, mga bagong labas pa lang sila, ..and iba pa rin kasi ang honda. problem lang is, it took me awhile bago makahanap ng mint condition na mura na city. 465k.....sabay kame bumili ng mom ko, she got a bnew avanza. and...i don't regret naman my choice. it was a good decision. swertihan lang to find a good 2nd hand car.
    OT. swertihan talaga ang pag bili ng pre owned cars. swerte kami sa nakuha namin altis 1.6E A/T.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As far as I know, the base 1.1 Getz is just under 500k... just over 500k including insurance. All power na yan, except the mirrors.

The Aveo 1.2? I'm not sure. The new Aveo supposedly is much better than the old one (which had a truly horrid interior)... and the old engines were known to be problematic on local fuel (both Aveo 1.5 and Optra 1.6 had many fuel economy, programming and reliability issues). The newer engines... I really don't know.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I own a 1.1 getz. Sa FC panalo talaga...Space is good if you don't carry too much gear all the time. All power except yung sa side mirror. Sa akyatan wala din problema and sa pag overtaking I have enough power. Medyo mabagal lang ang bwelo ng Getz sa 1st and 2nd gear, I personally think that they are too long pero pag naka 3rd gear na ok na siya. I can't speak for the other cars but as an owner of a Getz wala akong marereklamo. Sulit siya for the price you pay.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What minicar to buy?