New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ei guys I'm a single young professional, 5'9" in height, who can't decide on what car to buy. I'm looking for fuel efficiency, interior space, baggage space, dealer's freebies, ease in finding spare parts and value for money in the minicar I plan to buy. My budget would have a max of P550K. What should it be?

Chevrolet Spark, new Kia Picanto, or new Hyundai Getz (if there's any)?

BTW I forgot to mention another factor in choosing. Which is the best for both city driving and long distance travel?

I'd really appreciate your inputs on this.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    with the choice... ill go for the getz here.

sir, this is only an option... if you can stretch your budget to 575k then you can have the base model honda city. much better than the choices mentioned above IMO.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Depende are you getting the high-end or low-end models. Kapag high end and you get the CRDi version of the Getz, then getz that (pun intended) If you get the low end get the new facelifted Picanto because it looks nice among your choices and since Kia and Hyundai are sister company's I mean the car should be pretty much be on the same standard albeit Hyundai having a slightly better image than Kia...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Magkano ba ngayon ang Hyundai Getz Crdi?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I'd pluck down another 28K and get a Getz 1.4GL matic.

about same specs as a Jazz 1.3 Type S but with a bigger engine (1.4L 97hp vs 1.3L 82hp), foglights, keyless entry and alarm sans the alloy wheels.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you can stretch your budget to 575K, you can also buy the Toyota VIOS 1.3L J M/T

Or if you are really sticking to your budget, check the Kia Picanto. It seats four in relative comfort, handles well (almost like a go-kart when taking corners) and looks pretty good too. The small 1.1L petrol engine has enough "oomph" to get the car going at a reasonable pace. The engine is rev happy which is good since you will be needing that quality for a quick get-away.

Cargo spare at the rear is rather small but it can be supplemented by folding down the rear seats. Ride quality is surprisingly good for a car of this size, almost comparable to cars of the 1.6L class.

Handling (like I said above) is very good, even better than most of the bigger cars I was able to test drive as this car gives good levels of feedback to the driver of what is happening around the car. Sound insulation against road noise is average.

The interior is surprisingly very good for the price range, especially if you would compare this car to the Suzuki Alto (which is very spartan when compared to the Picanto). It is basically the same as euro spec version in most ways. With my 5'8" height ad rather big frame, I have no problems getting in and out of this car, nor do I end up bumping shoulders with my passenger, as I ending up doing with the Suzuki Alto.

Price is 500k for the manual and 550K for the automatic tranny.

Hint, don't try upgrading the wheels of this car to a wide/low-profile set of tires because it will kill the fuel consumption figures and also might affect ride comfort as well.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 11th, 2008 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Ganito ba looks nung locally released Pica (e.g. side mirror turnlights, foglights)?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by atvfan View Post
    Ei guys I'm a single young professional, 5'9" in height, who can't decide on what car to buy. I'm looking for fuel efficiency, interior space, baggage space, dealer's freebies, ease in finding spare parts and value for money in the minicar I plan to buy. My budget would have a max of P550K. What should it be?

Chevrolet Spark, new Kia Picanto, or new Hyundai Getz (if there's any)?

BTW I forgot to mention another factor in choosing. Which is the best for both city driving and long distance travel?

I'd really appreciate your inputs on this.
    mga 48K more, although wala sa list mo, you can get the Avanza J.

sa space, lamang ang avanza sa list mo. Fuel efficiency is good. do not know about the availability of spare parts kasi di pa ako nangailangan. Feebies, wala masyado, standard lang.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    At least so far since I own 05 Getz still having Decent FC, for me if that Avanza available on that time, instead of my Getz, I will go for it especially the 1.3 variant only

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Picanto, Getz, Vios, Jazz and City are all OK for city driving. Sa long drive though, I'd only get either City or Vios -- they're bigger and they have a trunk.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What minicar to buy?