New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    45
    #1
    Hi All,

    I'm planning to buy a brand new car for my Mom. This car will be used on weekdays to accompany her to her checkups and whatever activity she wants to do. I plan to hire a driver to drive the car for her.

    Since I won't be driving the car, I only have the following requirements.
    1. Comfortable to ride in.
    2. Reliable and won't break down easily.
    3. Low maintenance cost.

    Is there any car that fits my budget or should I get a 2nd hand instead?

    Need your inputs!

  2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,937
    #2
    I think Toyota vios' base model would suit your needs. Its 584k, plus it's a toyota.

    http://www.toyota.com.ph/pricelist.asp

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by beni23; October 16th, 2012 at 12:07 AM.

  3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #3
    Under 600k, there's the Vios, the Accent and Rio base models. Of the three, I prefer the Rio.

    Under 500k, you get the Eon and the Alto. The Eon is more comfortable. The Mirage will come in just under 500k for the base model, but is much bigger than either. Might be worth a look.

  4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    15,525
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_488 View Post
    Hi All,

    I'm planning to buy a brand new car for my Mom. This car will be used on weekdays to accompany her to her checkups and whatever activity she wants to do. I plan to hire a driver to drive the car for her.

    Since I won't be driving the car, I only have the following requirements.
    1. Comfortable to ride in.
    2. Reliable and won't break down easily.
    3. Low maintenance cost.

    Is there any car that fits my budget or should I get a 2nd hand instead?

    Need your inputs!
    hmmmm. at 500k and below... your options are quite limited.
    tapos may issue ka pa na masyadong maliit.

    why not get a second hand altis instead? or a second hand lancer?

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,339
    #5
    If you want something comfortable at that budget, specially for moms & dads with drivers, a used but good condition mid-size car would be best. For 500k or below, you can get either one of these; Mazda6, 7th gen Accord, previous model Camry, late model A33 Cefiro, 9th gen Galant. Maintenance and fuel consumption may not be similar to compacts or sub-compacts but you get a more comfortable ride with ample space and better features. Most midsize cars have better suspension than compacts/sub-compacts, not to mention ample power on tap for cruising. Maybe you can also consider a used compact SUV (CRV, Xtrail, Escape, Tribute) or a used Innova.

  6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,280
    #6
    Stretch the budget and get a brand new Vios.

  7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    22,710
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you want something comfortable at that budget, specially for moms & dads with drivers, a used but good condition mid-size car would be best. For 500k or below, you can get either one of these; Mazda6, 7th gen Accord, previous model Camry, late model A33 Cefiro, 9th gen Galant. Maintenance and fuel consumption may not be similar to compacts or sub-compacts but you get a more comfortable ride with ample space and better features. Most midsize cars have better suspension than compacts/sub-compacts, not to mention ample power on tap for cruising. Maybe you can also consider a used compact SUV (CRV, Xtrail, Escape, Tribute) or a used Innova.
    A secondhand 500k car that used to cost 1.5m will cost more to maintain than a brand new 1.5m car.

    You don't want to know how much it costs to replace a steering rack or an automatic transmission on a secondhand Accord.

    Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

  8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    45
    #8
    Thanks for the inputs guys!

    I have decided to omit 2nd hand cars! I haven't bought a 2nd hand car for quite some time now but I can still remember the many problems I encountered when I bought my first car (which was 2nd hand) over a decade ago.

    With that, I'm now stretching my budget to 650k and am considering the following contenders.
    Vios, Mirage, Spark, Rio

    Can you please share which among the 4 is the better buy and why?

  9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,280
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon_488 View Post
    Thanks for the inputs guys!

    I have decided to omit 2nd hand cars! I haven't bought a 2nd hand car for quite some time now but I can still remember the many problems I encountered when I bought my first car (which was 2nd hand) over a decade ago.

    With that, I'm now stretching my budget to 650k and am considering the following contenders.
    Vios, Mirage, Spark, Rio

    Can you please share which among the 4 is the better buy and why?
    With a budget of 650k, the Vios is still the most sensible choice for me. Among your choices, I believe that the Vios will have the best resale value and since its a Toyota, you are guaranteed that parts are available anywhere.

    If its gonna be driver driven, the J model should suffice.

  10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    966
    #10
    It will be your Mom's. So, get the Vios...

    Personally though, I won't buy a Vios.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

What car fits the budget of 500k or below?