New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    With a budget of 650k, the Vios is still the most sensible choice for me. Among your choices, I believe that the Vios will have the best resale value and since its a Toyota, you are guaranteed that parts are available anywhere.

If its gonna be driver driven, the J model should suffice.

....for a budget of 500k? u considering bank loan or cash buying?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slapz View Post
    It will be your Mom's. So, get the Vios...

Personally though, I won't buy a Vios.
    agree with this. i think she doesnt mind kung maraming taxi na vios plus it's a toyota

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    i'd get the rio... mas matagal maluma.. 5 years warranty.. tsaka magkakaroon na ng bagong vios next year

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bnew sentra 1.3gx

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Toyota Vios! Very Reliable.

Very cheap to maintain. Fuel efficient.
    Not to mention, it is very comfortable. Ice cold AC!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I have a similar problem and decided not to start a new thread...

Second Hand Car... (Toyota/Honda vs Others)

I tried searching on line sites for used A/T cars with the following criteria...

Budget: less than 500k
    Mileage: less than 50k

My daughter will use the car and she doesn't want a hatchback...

After clicking "search," the usual City, Vios, Mirage (G4) and Accent (1.4 Gas) came out...

But, there were also tempting options like the Fiesta and the Rio...

City and Vios (even the Mirage) based on my experience will always have good dealership support...

(Happened in 2016) I have a friend who brought his Revo to Toyota after an accident and they still have available colored body panels! Another friend had the same experience with Mitsubishi, dealership fixed her early 90's Lancer after an accident!

If I go for the Fiesta... Can Ford's local dealership provide the same service/parts availability?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    if i'll buy a second hand car I'll get the vios. i own one and parts are everywhere, i just replaced my trunk release cable and nabili ko lang replacement sa katabi naming auto supply, how convenient is that.

Even if you buy a 2nd hand car with the price higher than the market value as long as its casa maintained and less than 30k on the odo especially if AT buy mo. try mo mga sa banks yung mga na repossess, usually casa
    maintained mga yan. My friends barkada nakabili ng 2016 vios AT sa bank with less than 10k sa odo 500k, maybe may kilala siya sa bank.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *ice15 -

What specific year model are you considering? Does the car need to be a certain age?

If buying used, compacts will be a better option than subcompacts. Both are priced about the same in the used market but you get more car in a compact (Civic, Altis, etc.). Fuel consumption is not that far off also.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

I tried searching on line sites for used A/T cars with the following criteria...

After clicking "search," the usual City, Vios, Mirage (G4) and Accent (1.4 Gas) came out...

City and Vios (even the Mirage) based on my experience will always have good dealership support...

(Happened in 2016) I have a friend who brought his Revo to Toyota after an accident and they still have available colored body panels! Another friend had the same experience with Mitsubishi, dealership fixed her early 90's Lancer after an accident!

If I go for the Fiesta... Can Ford's local dealership provide the same service/parts availability?
    I would definitely get an FD Civic if I were in your shoes. You can find a low-mileage 2010 or 2011 FD for the budget.

Beats all other compacts and subcompacts in terms of power, has pretty good space for a car of its vintage, lots and lots of parts both inside and outside the dealership, solid ride, decent features.

Only downside is FC isn't as good as a Vios, but this is a much a better car overall.

You can also get a newer, 2012-2013 FB Civic if you want. More features, more comfortable ride, but not as sporty as the FD (not that your daughter will care I assume).

The same-aged Altis is very very boring (trust me, I've had 4 10th gen Altises). Good power on the 2011-2013 models, but ultimately drab. Doesn't look as classy as the FD too.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

Something out of the box, like this one:

Mitsubishi Pajero FieldMaster 4x4 SUV montero hilux fortuner frontier | *******

A bigger vehicle offers more in terms of safety, and everything Metro Manila roads has to offer, i.e. potholes, flood, etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast