New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Hey guys! Gusto ko lang humingi ng tulong nyo on what 2nd hand car ang pwede sa pamangkin ko, magbirthday kasi siya and ako ang nagpapaaral sa kanya sa college. Eh para hindi na siya mahirapan sa commute lalo na pag rush hour. Gift ko na rin sa kanya to dahil mataas grades nia.

Budget ko is 170k for the car only kasi ung ibang matitira para sa repair and pasesetupan ko ng magandang sounds. Irerate ko ng /5 ang mga category so you'll know how important it is for me.

F/C- 4(since siya ang bahala sa gas
    Reliability- 5
    Tuneability- 5( future engine swap siguro, mahilig kami sa pagpapamod ng kotse eh, sya kasama ko lagi pag may ipapalagay ako sa car)
    easy to maintain- 4
    Looks- 3
    Comfort-4
    Resale value- 2(ok lang kahit bagsak resale value, sure naman ako na hindi niya ibebenta to in the future.)

BTW namimili ako between lancer egg, pizza, sentra b14, b13, smallbody, bigbody, galant 7g. Suggest lang if may iaadd kayo. I'm in my early 20's palang so maliit lang gap ng age namin kaya magkasundo kami nun. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The best options would be:
    -sentra b14
    -corolla big body ae101
    -corolla lovelife ae111

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    +1 sa sentra b14. get one that's bone stock.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Bait naman ni TS and congrats sa masipag na pamangkin. I would reco cars like toyota corolla, sentra and lancer nga due to availability of parts, knowledgeable na mga mekaniko dyan so hindi mahirap sa maintenance as usual.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Regarding the car's condition... best if you can get without any mods especially without intake / exhaust / muffler modifications because these can drastically increase the car's fuel consumption if done wrong by the previous owner.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Personally I'd suggest you look at the itlog Lancer. The 4G92 engine is powerful even in stock form and is easily tuneable too. If you are into engine swaps, I'd suggest you get something of the same displacement for better fuel efficiency (since you mentioned that he will be the one shouldering the fuel costs). A 4G92 DOHC MIVEC would be very nice. In stock form, it is more powerful than the fuel-picky 20 valve 4AGE.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Personally I'd suggest you look at the itlog Lancer. The 4G92 engine is powerful even in stock form and is easily tuneable too. If you are into engine swaps, I'd suggest you get something of the same displacement for better fuel efficiency (since you mentioned that he will be the one shouldering the fuel costs). A 4G92 DOHC MIVEC would be very nice. In stock form, it is more powerful than the fuel-picky 20 valve 4AGE.

Each brand has their "preferred" engine to swap with. Like nissan sentra with sr20 series engines.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yup, but isn't the SR20DE quite a heavy drinker? It is a 2.0L engine after all.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Yup, but isn't the SR20DE quite a heavy drinker? It is a 2.0L engine after all.
    B14 w/ SR20DE M/T gets 8km/L when I had my Project Sentra SR.

8km/L is not bad for a tuned n/a engine that outputs an estimated 175hp.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    For a college car, better yung fuel efficient. so yung mga 1.3-1.6 lang like the corolla. And yes, wag nga yung modded (unless kakilala). Mahirap na.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What car for college?