New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    They do have a 5 year warranty though and diba #1 consideration mo fuel consumption... Oh ayan Chery QQ very matipid sa gas...
    kaso bagsak na sa resale value and looks. imo, its either honda city or toyota vios for me.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    It was a sarcastic joke more than a serious reply... I for one won't touch these Chinese cars for at least a decade more...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    for a 650K budget, dami ng mapagpipilian. The vios, jazz, city, getz, avanza J.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    In city driving, a 1.5 will get you maybe 60%-80% more economy... judging by your 5.5 km/l fuel economy, you drive very short distances, right? Where do you live? Where do you drive?

A subcompact 1.1 to 1.3 can get up to 14 - 17 km/l in urban driving... but only if you go a certain distance and in certain areas. If you drive less than 2 kilometers per trip, you can still get as low as 8 km/l.

So you'll be sacrificing your car for an extra 3 km/l. So your 500 pesos (at 55 pesos per liter) will get you 72 kilometers instead of 50.

The most cost-effective option is converting the Focus to LPG. A modern SGi kit will cost about 39k + 2.5k for a donut tank. This means you can keep your comfortable "compact" car and you won't have to downgrade to a subcompact like a City or Vios.

Instead of 72 kilometers per 500 pesos, you'll be getting (with LPG's current price of 28 pesos) 98 kilometers per 500 pesos.

So... ano pa? Sacrificing your current car loses you your dual AC, the comfortable ride, the extra noise suppression, etcetera... and you'll still have to pay an extra 100,000 or so on the trade-in. Adding an LPG kit with a donut tank sacrifices a little trunk space, and costs you just 40,000 pesos.

If you're worried about safety, just read Ghosthunter's LPG conversion thread.

I'm converting my 2 liter car this week.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hyundai Accent CRDi. Very fast, powerful engine, economical.

But wait for the Hyundai i30 CRDi 2.0L (high tech Diesel with Variable Geo Turbocharger). Fuel mileage should be around 25-30kms/L long range. That is if you can stop yourself from speeding to 200kmh++. hehe.

It would be around that price range.

Focus Diesel is also nice kaso ang mahal pa.

Pwede rin Getz, Jazz at Vios if you prefer petrol.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    In city driving, a 1.5 will get you maybe 60%-80% more economy... judging by your 5.5 km/l fuel economy, you drive very short distances, right? Where do you live? Where do you drive?

Wack Wack To Erod( Trinity) 7km Papunta, 7 pabalik. Mondays to Saturdays.

A subcompact 1.1 to 1.3 can get up to 14 - 17 km/l in urban driving... but only if you go a certain distance and in certain areas. If you drive less than 2 kilometers per trip, you can still get as low as 8 km/l.

So you'll be sacrificing your car for an extra 3 km/l. So your 500 pesos (at 55 pesos per liter) will get you 72 kilometers instead of 50.

The most cost-effective option is converting the Focus to LPG. A modern SGi kit will cost about 39k + 2.5k for a donut tank. This means you can keep your comfortable "compact" car and you won't have to downgrade to a subcompact like a City or Vios.

Instead of 72 kilometers per 500 pesos, you'll be getting (with LPG's current price of 28 pesos) 98 kilometers per 500 pesos.

So... ano pa? Sacrificing your current car loses you your dual AC, the comfortable ride, the extra noise suppression, etcetera... and you'll still have to pay an extra 100,000 or so on the trade-in. Adding an LPG kit with a donut tank sacrifices a little trunk space, and costs you just 40,000 pesos.

If you're worried about safety, just read Ghosthunter's LPG conversion thread.

Is this really safe? Kasi I hear a lot of negative comments eh.. Like yung "Singaw" Daw.

I'm converting my 2 liter car this week.
    By the way Sir Niki, My focus has been with me for a year. All stock, no change oil, tune up, whatsoever. OK lang ba yun? 6000 KM na kasi ako. Sabi sa amin ng Ford, balik daw kami pag 10000 KM daw.

Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think pwede na yan ipa PMS maskin wala pang 10,000km pero ikaw bahala...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kdm_142 View Post
    never. hehe.
    I guess you just have so much daddy's & mommy's money to burn ... hehe!

Ever thought the cost of buying another car (P650K) costs far more than the cost savings in improved fuel mileage provided by that "new" car?

------------------------

Converting to auto-LPG will only cost you P39K. Auto-LPG costs around P29/L while current gasoline prices are at P55/L.

I have been driving an auto-LPG equipped car for the last two years. No problems with drivability nor smell inside the cabin.

The "common" belief of bad smell inside the cabin is the fault of the taxi drivers who remove the clear gauge cover on the LPG fuel tank. That cover is part of the system which would vent safety any leaked LPG to the outside of the car to dissipate to the environment.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Hmm...ganda ng budget mo...malaki na yan and you can use it to buy any average sedans in the market today...

or use the 650K, buy a picanto or getz, and soup it up!!! spoiler, mags, the works!!!

for average sedans tama cla, vios or city fwede
    pag subcompact, either go for getz or picanto lang, installan mo lahat ng pang porma me chukli ka pa!!!
    wag ka mag alto or spark...subrang liit na non.

inggit ako, laki ng budget mo...hehehe
    i have the picanto, averaging around 13km/L, bago palang.
    sarap gamitin and very responsive ang steering because it is motor driven.
    lamig ng aircon kasi ang liit ng loob.
    daling linisin kasi ang liit ng surface area

konti nalang suzuki swift na, mini cooper look alike!
    or yaris...pero mas panalo swift sa porma...

gud lak po finding ur sweet spot na car

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I guess you just have so much daddy's & mommy's money to burn ... hehe!

well not really, it's not like we're selling my one year old focus. They're planning to keep it nalang din kasi lugi nga kung ibenta, besides they need a new car naman, sa province gagamitin yung focus if ever so okay lang.

Ever thought the cost of buying another car (P650K) costs far more than the cost savings in improved fuel mileage provided by that "new" car?

------------------------

Converting to auto-LPG will only cost you P39K. Auto-LPG costs around P29/L while current gasoline prices are at P55/L.

I have been driving an auto-LPG equipped car for the last two years. No problems with drivability nor smell inside the cabin.

The "common" belief of bad smell inside the cabin is the fault of the taxi drivers who remove the clear gauge cover on the LPG fuel tank. That cover is part of the system which would vent safety any leaked LPG to the outside of the car to dissipate to the environment.

i guess i'm taking my word back.. hehe. If it's really safe, then maybe we can consider this. So that's almost 50% cheaper per litter.. hmm.. but will i get the same mileage or less?

thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What bnew car to buy with budget up to 650k?