New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by drphph View Post
    Thanks sa lahat ng nagreply.

*Harangody: How do you define ba an AUV? Which 1 iniisip mo? Ayaw ko ng AUV mostly becasue I think it's just a bigger sedan. Tumaas drive height pero d naman tumaas ground clearance. When I say AUV, I'm thinking more in the line of Avanza/Innova/Starex. And honestly most of the time 1 lng naman sasakay...
    The only strict AUVs in the market today are the Adventure and Crosswind. Other people carriers are more loosely defined as MPVs. These include the Innova, Grand Livina, and Carens.

All of these people carriers ride at least 30mm higher than your average compact car. San mo ba kailangan ng ground clearance? Crossing floods? High ground clearance doesn't automatically make your car a flood-fording beast.

Again, keep in mind that your monthly payments with a Montero will be substantially higher than with a cheaper compact or MPV under 1M, even if you already pay 50% downpayment. Higher insurance and maintenance costs as well.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    pwede sayo TS yun crosswind spotivo...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    under 1M na pwede is the suzuki SX4 crossover. check mo yung thread about the SX4 crossover.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Get the Vios then invest the remaining cash on somewhele else

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    600K + 300K = 900K.
    marami ka nang water-resistant na sasakyan na mapapag-pilian.. lahat diesel.. innova, crosswind, adventure. pinaka-mura na siguro yung adventure tx. 675K lang daw!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Suzuki SX4 or yung Escape. Meron yata under 1M na Escape, di ko lang sure.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung kaya mo naman, get the Montero. Yung 1.298M SRP may discount pa naman yan. SUVs have better resale values than gasoline sedans, lalo na't diesel yan. The Montero is reasonably fuel efficient and burns cheaper diesel fuel, and is a lot more durable than sedans.

If 2nd hand is OK with you, you can get a slightly used, more or less one year old Montero GLS-V. And then there are many more options if you choose this route.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    *Jut: Mostly "want" ang ground clearance. Since bata pa ako, un na gusto ko. Lalo na pag may naaasar na sumasagi, iniisip ko lagi, bakit ka nag kotse na mababa...(ngayon lng na bibili na ako, nasagot tanong ko, mas mahal). It's the feature at the very top of my want list, pero yes nung linayout ko ung requirements ko, nasa baba cya. Secondary and flood (which as much as possible wag mo gagawin anyway), potholes and humps(mostly kc nakakaasar pag bitin. Although I might get used to it, but if I can avoid why not?).

How high ba difference for maintenance at insurance compared to say an Altis? I did the math on the diesel vs gas and I came up with 7-15 yrs ROI if I pay the 200k diesel mark up. So sa insurance and maintenance magkano ba difference?

Monthly installment, 0% interest. So it's flat 10k per month whether I take a sedan or an suv. Wala pong catch dito afaik.

*GTi: Well I'll think about the 2nd hands pero kabado lang talaga to get a lemon. And if 2nd hand, I'm liking the GTA in the for sale ads ng tsikot. 1st love, nadrop lng cya kc sobrang mahal.

*others: In the end, choices ko for my ride is not yet final. Right now, sa budget palang talaga ako. Go cheap and get a sedan or go higher and get a bigger ride? Most na binigay nyong suggestions naglalaro din around 900k-1.2m, so it's still under 900k sedan or under 1.2m SUV. And for anything between 1-1.2m, the Montero is really hard to beat...

Maybe pag may bagong Vios na ang design parang Altis sold na ako. Hindi ko tinanggal Vios dahil taxi cya, d ko lang talaga nagustuhan design nya. Pero mukhang sa majority mas ok padin to get a bigger ride if you can afford it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    try doing some math again, 50% down then 12 mos to pay on a montero, 4% something interest lang yun then check your cash flow carefully

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Kung "higante" kamo ang mga sasakay sa binabalak mong oto, I suggest you rethink about getting the Montero Sport. Sure, it has sufficient ground clearance, pero mataas ang floor niyan and mababa ang roofline, which means compromised ang interior space. The cabin on our Montero Sport is more cramped compared to my Adventure.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Weird queston...