New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pls help.Im having a hard time choosing between 2ndhand...2003 adventure is 375Thou at 86Tmileage,seller is a lady driver,i've never met, and 2003 vios 1.3E priced at 290Thou w/ almost300Tmileage(from car rentals),seller is my neighbor,and is giving me 1yr warranty on "makina".actually,its my first time to buy car and to learn how to drive(yayy!still nervous).Shld I get the adventure or the vios?
    (At first im into brandnew adventure,but i realized,its my first time to drive,so resorted to buying 2ndhand(at least di ko magagasgasan un bago)).Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    depende din po kung saan nyo gagamitin yung car. i mean if you have a family na then it's best to get the adventure kasi mas malaki yung space ng adventure. if you're single naman then maganda din yung vios kasi mas maliit sya and also easy to drive.

nga pala diesel or gas pa yung adventure. kasi if gas, mas mataas gas consumption ng adventure compare sa vios.

if i'm to choose between the two, i'll go for adventure kasi mataas na masyado mileage ng vios (300T kms). at tsaka ginamit yan for car rentals. usually bugbog yung kotse pag ginamit for car rentals.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Kung ako lang pipili brand new na lang. Laspag na yaang vios ma'am (not to demean the owner), and underchassis may need some repairs (suspension etc). The Second hand Adventure is also okay pero parang luma na rin kung icocompare mo sa bagong look ng adventure. Hence, IMO go for the brand new. Don't worry about the gasgas and everything coz meron ka namang insurance to cover for that.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    get the Adventure masyado ng laspag yung vios.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    hmm,you've helped!thanks alot!so,i will not consider the 2 na lang. e how about mazda '97,100Tmileage,155thou?hangang matuto lang talaga ako at masanay na magdrive.then, after a year,benta ko un mazda. and get the brndnew adventure na.(orrrr....get the brandnew adventure nlang now?)e ksi,parang natatakot akong magdrive ng bagong car,e anlaki ng adventure(for family kasi),pang service ko lang kasi sa skol,pghatid sundo ng kids.sensya na ha?kulit ba?tnx ulit

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Go for brand new ma'am. At least no worries for the maintenance.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    hindi naman malaki yung adventure mataas lang baka nga mas mahaba pa yung mazda familia. ayaw mo nun kitang-kita mong daan

hindi lahat ng 2nd hand laspag maraming 2nd hand na naaalagaan talaga

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    go for brandnew adventure nalang po kayo.
    sayang naman if bibili kalang ng 2nd hand para pag practisan ng driving.
    pwede naman kayo mag enroll sa mga driving schools then choose the adventure para mas masasanay na kayo.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The good thing about brand-new cars is that sigurado kang ikaw ang unang makakagamit out of the showroom. And you wouldn't have to worry kung anu-ano ba yung ginawa nung dating may-ari sa kotse (assuming that the previous owner hasn't been completely forthright with you at the time of the transaction).

Quote Originally Posted by mcbry View Post
    pwede naman kayo mag enroll sa mga driving schools then choose the adventure para mas masasanay na kayo.
    Yup, the more well-known driving schools offer the use of AUVs and SUVs in their driving lessons.

New driver din lang ako nun when I acquired my Adventure brand new. Ayun, nagasgas agad sa garahe. Pero I just charge it to the driving experience.

Besides, considering the even bigger hazards (both fixed and moving) that you'll be encountering on the road in the future, a few scratches on a brand-new car should be the least of your worries.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; February 18th, 2008 at 05:55 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by stagemom View Post
    hmm,you've helped!thanks alot!so,i will not consider the 2 na lang. e how about mazda '97,100Tmileage,155thou?hangang matuto lang talaga ako at masanay na magdrive.then, after a year,benta ko un mazda. and get the brndnew adventure na.(orrrr....get the brandnew adventure nlang now?)e ksi,parang natatakot akong magdrive ng bagong car,e anlaki ng adventure(for family kasi),pang service ko lang kasi sa skol,pghatid sundo ng kids.sensya na ha?kulit ba?tnx ulit
    Hmmm... for that Mazda... pwede mo pang tawaran. My friend was able to buy a Mazda 323 1997 1.6L GLXi for only 130K (pero chambahan yung ganun kababa na price).

Well... mas ok talaga pag praktisan ang beater car kesa brand new. Hehehe... at least kapag nabangga/sagi/etc. hindi ka masyadong manghihinayan. You cannot avoid those things when your a new driver - lalo na dito sa Pinas. Having a panel repair/repainted isn't cheap too... a simple retouch might cost you already P4,500 per panel.

Getting a 2nd hand vehicle is more *practical* really since you can sell it for almost the same price (just less a few thousand pesos... my friend even was able to make a small profit - hehe). Whereas with a brand new vehicle... that's 10-20% off instantly when you drive it out of the showroom.

There will also be some problems though for 2nd hand vehicles... may masisira at masisira talaga... but at least you'll learn from those experiences when you get a spanking brand new vehicle the next time around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
W/c should I buy?2003 adventure or 2003 vios 1.3E