New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    mga bro help me to decide what to buy on my 2nd hand car since parehas sila ng price range, which is better honda vti dimension or toyota altis in manual transmission? and why?

hanap ko sa car:

1.better fuel mileage
    2.safety features(abs brakes,airbag,etc..)
    3.good suspension
    4.large trunk
    5.more top speed

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I currently drive an Altis (1.6 ) and had a 1.5LXi dimension before. Both Manual.

FC - Almost similar although the Altis gets better FC in the city driving mainly due to its more useable powerband which allows me to shift early without stressing the engine. I used to do 9km/L++ with my Civic in the city while the Altis gets me 10km/L++ in the same conditions.

Safety Features - If you're comparing the Altis E or G variant against the Vti, the Altis ups the Civic with standard airbags and ABS (which is only found on the Civic VTi-S model). The Altis also seems to have the better brake feel.

Suspension - Altis for me. The Civic Dimension (7th gen) wasnt too good in the handling department if you compare it to the previous gen EK and the current FD model.

Large trunk - Seems to be the same to me; Plus points to the Civic for its flat rear passenger flooring.

Top Speed - Civic

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    i need more advice mga bro...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ill take the altis on this.

in terms of performance, dimensions will get more top speed pero more torque ang altis. comfort, hands down sa altis. ganda ng ride. porma, civic pa rin shempre.

vti dimension vs altis