New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I love the station wagon version, was thinking of buying one, any opinions?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wanted to buy one dati for anti coding but a former owner told me to forget it kasi sakit sa ulo at mahal ng parts. Sa age na ng car, sunod sunod na daw kailangan palitan ang parts eh.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I agree with the above post. Old Volvo's aren't really the best looking cars out there. Napakaluma tingnan kahit hindi naman ganon kaluma. Dahil konti lang ang meron dito, hirap ka sa parts. At dahil lumang Volvo, hindi ganon kaganda ang performance (unless of course nakahanap ka ng magandang T5). If you're into European cars, best look into the Mercs nalang. The W124 design is timeless, durability is great, parts are more abundant and there are more people who can fix it.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Sorry, already bought one, dream car ko talaga actually yung boxy na Volvo, its what makes a Volvo a Volvo.

I guess I just have to take care of it and drive it carefully, don't wanna burn a hole in my pocket.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Nagtanong ka pa. Hehehe~ Aling variant ba yung kinuha mo?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cs_nognog View Post
    Sorry, already bought one, dream car ko talaga actually yung boxy na Volvo, its what makes a Volvo a Volvo.

I guess I just have to take care of it and drive it carefully, don't wanna burn a hole in my pocket.
    apir pards! true car lovers are stubborn peeps!!! hahaha im selling my Sentra now (a b13) to get an Altima, I like the Altima so much, it's a 90s dream car. Pigil ng pigil sa akin erpat ko, pero pag nabenta ko Sentra ko, patay kang Altima ka sa akin ngayon :D hahaha!

I would have suggested a V40 though or the least a V70 (curvy front, boxy rear), just so it may be some years youngers. ;)

anyway, goodluck!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cs_nognog View Post

Hahaha! Proud of you man! You got guts. How much bili mo? Hopefully, well maintained naman yan para less hassle.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yun lang ang problema, kung hindi maintained.

But if you really love the car, wala naman pipigil sayo eh. And surely, you will find ways to keep it running strong. After all, it's the enjoyment that you garner that matters in the end. ;)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We used to have one (2.5 normally aspirated A/T variant 'GLE'). Naalala ko, hirap na hirap si Jemson kabitan ng Autopage alarm. In the end, he did it but the headlamps would flash along with the parklamps and the rear doors can't trigger the alarm when opened. At least the ignition kill and shock sensors work.

It's a very solid car. Super smooth and quiet inside. A good long distance hauler.

Very versatile too. Managed to cram in a tall cabinet by folding all the seats (front passenger seats fold down also). Dashboard to tailgate yung cabinet.

Maintenance parts are cheap. Repair parts (e.g. the rack and pinion) are kinda expensive. Eventually sold it because my mom wanted a bigger headache (a 2001 Nissan Patrol). Maybe we should've just kept the Volvo (Patrol is at the repair shop yet again).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    We used to have one (2.5 normally aspirated A/T variant 'GLE'). Naalala ko, hirap na hirap si Jemson kabitan ng Autopage alarm. In the end, he did it but the headlamps would flash along with the parklamps and the rear doors can't trigger the alarm when opened. At least the ignition kill and shock sensors work.

It's a very solid car. Super smooth and quiet inside. A good long distance hauler.

Very versatile too. Managed to cram in a tall cabinet by folding all the seats (front passenger seats fold down also). Dashboard to tailgate yung cabinet.

Maintenance parts are cheap. Repair parts (e.g. the rack and pinion) are kinda expensive. Eventually sold it because my mom wanted a bigger headache (a 2001 Nissan Patrol). Maybe we should've just kept the Volvo (Patrol is at the repair shop yet again).
    Volvo's are really solid cars talaga. Kumusta ang FC and performance nung 850?

That's odd, why would the Patrol be a bigger headache? Turbo problems?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Volvo 850 Mid 90s