New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    The cheapest volkswagen is the polo at 950k price tag, is it competing against the likes of the altis?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    [COLOR="#008080"]

Ang alam ko, "Volkswagen" means "people's car"

Pero rito sa Pinas,- sa presyo lang niyan,- aba e "rich people's car" siya...
    "Reichenwagen"

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    The cheapest volkswagen is the polo at 950k price tag, is it competing against the likes of the altis?
    Nope, the Polo HB is meant to compete with the Jazz and Fiesta and Yaris. The Jetta and Golf are VW's compact cars.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I got a jetta. drives very well. very stable even driving in the rain along the highway. you will know the value of your car once you own one. avg 14km/l on the dash. one liter of diesel cost 30 vs 43 sa gasoline. honestly, I've never driven any other car that can go up to 10km/ liter.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    A lot of cars these days can do more than 10 km/liter.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    A lot of cars these days can do more than 10 km/liter.
    Baka supercars nakasanayan idrive ni kevin Volkswagen Philippines = Overprice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post

Or if you have a 90's car, 10km/L is hard to achieve too pag city driving

For me, if a car can do 10km/L in city driving without having to be mindful of driving style, that's good already.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post

Or if you have a 90's car, 10km/L is hard to achieve too pag city driving

For me, if a car can do 10km/L in city driving without having to be mindful of driving style, that's good already.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My Innova does 13 hway, 8 city, giving me more than 10 per liter. Our bantam '79 Corolla 4k engine back in the day sips also at 10kpl. And that's almost 40 years ago.

Technology nowadays should have brought us near to 20kpl. Alas, only the Prius can manage that or better.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    VW pricing is actually better vs the other European CBU imports. However, consumers do not notice as there's something very wrong with VW Phils line up. VW should have been marketed as an alternative premium brand instead of a value brand.

I mean with a limited dealer network, the most logical first step would have been to gain a following and beat all the other European "premium" brands in terms of value. Like launching their best models with complete options even if they will be more expensive than a comparable Japanese car because their cost of business will be higher anyway (e.g. having to import CBU from Europe).

I cringe when I think of Touareg with air suspension yet with manual seat adjustments at 4+ million pesos. Or Polo (or Jetta?) with manual side mirror adjustment like a 90's car. The Golf GTI was the start of something a bit more exciting but it would have been better if the performance pack and DCC options were also included. Or even better, launc the top spec Golf R nalang. Anyway, I wish VW Phils fires their product planners immediately before it's too late as obviously they do not understand our market situation.

I heard the Passat will be offered soon but if VW Phils releases it with limited options again (e.g. manual seat adjustments, textile seats) just to sell a bit cheaper, I don't know what to think of VW brand anymore...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Not even competitive in both sales and after sales.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast