vs.

nissan's NEO-VVL/VTC engines:QR-engines, etc, including SR16VE

Displacement, cc: 1596
    Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm: 175 ps (128.71 kw) / 7800 rpm
    Max.torque(Net), N*m(kg*m)/rpm: 16.5 kg*m (161.81 N*m) / 7200 rpm
    Power density: 6.4
    Engine type: Water cooling serial 4 cylinder DOHC16 valve
    Engine information: NEOVVL
    Fuel system: NISSAN EGI (ECCS) (electronic gasoline injection)
    Compression ratio: 11
    Bore, mm: 86
    Stroke, mm: 68.7

vs.

mazda/ford's VVL/VVT: found sa mazda 3, 6, focus....

in general, which carmaker gives the best variable valve lift and timing engine...w/ or w/o VICS

im particular sa 1.6-1.8L variable valve engines (is d15b a VTEC?) B16a, b18c, 6a10/11, 4g92, SR16VE, basta 1.6L-1.8L with variable valves.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    AFAIK, VICS was only on Mazda/Ford's FS engines... and is merely a dual runner system. Most VVT/VVL/VTEC engines don't need a dual runner to boost torque because the variable intake cams take care of that.

I personally love the SR20VE, as it has the stout bottom end of a turbo block, high-revving power, and a decent amount of torque compared to most variable valve engines. The SR16VE was supposedly nice, but it's so rare (there's supposedly one in the Philippines, but God knows if anyone bought it off of Nissan or if it's languishing in the parts department) that it really doesn't count.

But of course, Toyota's 20V and Honda's B18 are more common and easier to service than the SR20VE.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

grabe bang pagka-rare ng sr16ve?baka walang masyadong may alam dito nyan..4age 20v at b16a/18c ang bukang bibig dito lalo na ng mga ricers e....

MIVEC, bibihira ko makarining pinaguusapan,e...

nissan?eto palang ata pinagusapan sila..especially the sr16ve. and the only info i could gather sa sr16ve is sa russian site..catalog lang.

sr20ve from saan naman? ung sa xtrail gt sr20vet!280 hp....

hope tuner guyz makahelp....info gathering ko e...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The SR16VE equipped Nissan Pulsar VZ-R (1996 Sentra hatchback) was reviewed in Best Motoring in comparison to the Civic Type R. There's also a short article available at asia.vtec.net, here: http://asia.vtec.net/side/ek9vzr/index.html

Nissan Philippines had one for sale a few years ago... they brought it in for racing, but never used it... sayang.

The SR20VE is more common. They use it in the Primera and in various kit-cars... the ASL Garaiya, I think, uses it, while the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S uses a carburated racing version of the SR20DE (I think, not sure).

Pero if you're looking at a project car in the Philippines, good luck finding a mechanic who can do the SR20VE swap. Most local project cars either use the SR20DE or SR20DET (which is actually much easier to get, despite being kinda rare itself.)

The SR20VET is very rare, and I think it might have only been used in the X-Trail and the last Silvia.

The 1.6 MIVEC-swap isn't common, but there are quite a few of them out there. It's a pretty gutsy engine, but an old review (can't find it anymore) put the Mirage Cyborg (Lancer GSR body, but hatchback instead of coupe) third behind the Nissan VZ-R and Honda CTR.
    Last edited by niky; August 27th, 2006 at 09:15 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

yup sa pulsar hatch vz-r and wagon aero nga nakuha kong details. sure no ricers know this engine... sr20ve is rare din,diba, pero alin mas rare:

MIVECs, sr20VE/det, VET sa xtrail GT lang....(hehe japan import converted xtrail GT in the next 5 years!)

one of the variable valve timiming w/ turbo!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post

in general, which carmaker gives the best variable valve lift and timing engine...w/ or w/o VICS
    You said "in general" so I would say, just IMHO, the future is i-VTEC. It is in constant development because of widespread tinkering by independent tuners. Parang de-facto sa mga variable valve timing. Honda will be driven more to advance the technology because of wider following among enthusiasts. They were the first to introduce it commercially in mass market so they have the advantage.
    I've seen a video lately with a K20 smoking an EVO. Medyo controversial but I liked what I saw. Afterall, Honda still rules in F1. Not Toyota, Mitsu, or Toyota.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdine View Post
    You said "in general" so I would say, just IMHO, the future is i-VTEC. It is in constant development because of widespread tinkering by independent tuners. Parang de-facto sa mga variable valve timing. Honda will be driven more to advance the technology because of wider following among enthusiasts. They were the first to introduce it commercially in mass market so they have the advantage.
    I've seen a video lately with a K20 smoking an EVO. Medyo controversial but I liked what I saw. Afterall, Honda still rules in F1. Not Toyota, Mitsu, or Toyota.
    1. Honda's R&D has got nothing to do with "tinkering by independent tuners".

2. Nissan was the first to produce a VVT powered vehicle.

3. K20? Evo? From Top Gear's power laps:
    1:36.5 – Honda Civic Type-R
    1:31.6 – Honda NSX Type-R
    1:26.0 – Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR FQ-320
    1:24.8 – Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR FQ-400

4. F1? Errr... those F1 cars don't employ variable valve timing. How about WRC? Those rally cars do employ variable valve timing. :lol:

===

If you want the most advance... those would be the toyota's VVTL-i, Honda's I-VTEC & Porsche's VarioCam Plus. Pity that Toyota discontinued the VVTL-i already since it cannot meet new Euro emmission regulations.

The above three are capable of cam-changing & cam-phasing.

Among the three, Porsche has the most sophisticated system then followed by Toyota.

Honda should have been as sophisticated as Toyota's had they opted to also apply their system to both the intake & exhaust valves.

===

Though being the most advanced doesn't necessarily mean the most powerful. BMW's Double VANOS application in their new inline-6 engines are the most powerful considering their displacement. Their 'normal' 3.0L engines makes around 255hp while most of the competition uses a 3.5L engine trying to hit that mark. After that, consider also their ///M engines! 330hp from a 3.2L inline-6! 500hp from a 5.0L V10! Almost nothing comes close pound-for-pound for naturally aspirated engines.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    m2 beat me to it. :P
    intake VANOS is the greatest thing since the throttle body (daw).

VANOS: s bmw to, diba?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ferdine View Post
    Afterall, Honda still rules in F1. Not Toyota, Mitsu, or Toyota.
    yup in F1... Honda deserves it. though that win is mixed with a little Luck... different brands parin in Japan ang leading sa Ibang sports like WRC or Drift.

anyways, since we are talking about Engine Comparo...

ang sarap ng tunog ng bagong Ford Focus... parang naka turbo siya palagi kahit Idle... ofcourse walang turbo ang Factory Ford Focus diba?

anyways, why does it sound like that? is and does Mazda mazda 3, 6 VVL/VVT sounds like that too?

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
variable valve engine comparo