New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes, and good luck with the parts and maintenance if you get a Chrysler T&C even if you were able to get the 2.8L diesel variant.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Yes, and good luck with the parts and maintenance if you get a Chrysler T&C even if you were able to get the 2.8L diesel variant.
    Yes GTi, this is what I'm afraid of. Previously owned a used, four-year old Volvo 850 T5 wagon. Had no problems with it until two years after purchase. Boy, sunod-sunod na ang problema. Hated dealing with the casa. Mahal pa ang parts. Will buying a used T&C (2008 and above) lead me down the same, sorry road later on?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Nadagdag ata MS GLS-V. Dun na lang ako. Second na Previa.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sixlove60 View Post
    Yes GTi, this is what I'm afraid of. Previously owned a used, four-year old Volvo 850 T5 wagon. Had no problems with it until two years after purchase. Boy, sunod-sunod na ang problema. Hated dealing with the casa. Mahal pa ang parts. Will buying a used T&C (2008 and above) lead me down the same, sorry road later on?
    Since Chrysler is not very prominent locally parts would be costlier and harder to find. Worst case scenario would be your car languishing in the garage for months because you were not able to source a certain spare part, which happened to many imported cars which were not launched locally.

Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    You can always swap an Isuzu 4JB1 into

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    You can always swap an Isuzu 4JB1 into
    Wahaha... 4JB1! I'd love to see that happen! Oonga naman eh noh? Iilan lang ang mga 2.8L diesels.

Biggest issue would be related to the electronic controls of the automatic transmission.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With the T&C, Previa and MS, I'd go with the Previa. It may not ride as softly as the T&C, but it still should be comfortable. Plus it's a real minivan, so seating is likewise good compared to a Montero's 5 + 2 seating and SUV ride.

Throwing the Kia Carnival LWB into the fray, I'd say it'd be a battle of what you can find on the 2nd hand market within your budget. I like how the Carnival maximizes its dimensions with its copy of the T&C's foldable last row, and how torquey its CRDi engine is. Though that engine is pretty noisy. The Previa is not as torquey, and it has lesser interior space, but it is quiet, and should be nimble.

9. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    With the T&C, Previa and MS, I'd go with the Previa. It may not ride as softly as the T&C, but it still should be comfortable. Plus it's a real minivan, so seating is likewise good compared to a Montero's 5 + 2 seating and SUV ride.

Throwing the Kia Carnival LWB into the fray, I'd say it'd be a battle of what you can find on the 2nd hand market within your budget. I like how the Carnival maximizes its dimensions with its copy of the T&C's foldable last row, and how torquey its CRDi engine is. Though that engine is pretty noisy. The Previa is not as torquey, and it has lesser interior space, but it is quiet, and should be nimble.
    Many thanks for the comments, IMm29. The consensus pretty much supports the Previa. Hmm, now if only I can find a used one in excellent condition (Q model 2008 above) with low mileage to fit my budget of P1.4-1.5 mil.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    mukhang decided ka na sa previa.... in my opinion, kung ako ang meron ganyang budget, mag kia carnival LWB brand new na lang ako.. at least brand new.. iba pa din ang feel compared sa 2nd hand... plus thrifty diesel engine pa.. sa Montero naman mahirap ang ingress / egress dyan kaya hindi din advisable na people hauler

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Used, Late-Model Town & Country or Previa vs. Brand-New Montero GLS V