New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    Mga sirs, need your expert advice please. Looking for luxurious people-hauler (7 seats min.) for short-distance city driving and occasional out-of-town trips. Budget is around P1.4 mil. Two such vans that come to mind are the Chrysler T&C and Toyota Previa (2008 model and above), both of which I like very much. However, I don't want the headache of paying for high maintenance costs and expensive parts within the next few years. I'm not sure how reliable these two vans are, which is why I'm also considering buying a new car, albeit an SUV. What's the more sensible choice? Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Previa, especially if you're looking for a good 7-seater. Try to find one that is around 1-2 years old. Very reliable and comfortable per our experience. The T and C is also nice and the diesel offers good pull but maintenance is more expensive versus the Toyota from what i know.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Previa na talaga!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    previa also. but with that budget you can already buy brandnew kia carnival (long wheelbase). it is an underrated minivan here but in other country (usa, europe, australia) ganda ng mga reviews nila.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about a STAREX LIMO?

Unfortunately it's P2.68M new.

Alternative: http://tsikot.com/forums/more-than-l...9m-only-82686/

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Previa, especially if you're looking for a good 7-seater. Try to find one that is around 1-2 years old. Very reliable and comfortable per our experience. The T and C is also nice and the diesel offers good pull but maintenance is more expensive versus the Toyota from what i know.
    Among your choices the Previa is the better choice due to better access of parts and lower maintenance cost. But if you want even more space and better power and fuel efficiency, you can consider also a 2nd hand LWB top spec Kia Carnival CRDi.

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Thank you, guys, for the helpful comments! The problem lang with 1-2 year old Previa is the high cost. Siguro walang bababa ng P1.8 mil. As for the Carnival LWB CRdi, I am also seriously considering it. Just not too crazy about the badge or the low, sloping front hood (it looks "off" compared to rest of body; Chrysler did a much better job here IMHO). Hard to stop thinking about the late-model T&C though. Man, I love all the nice interior features and touches! That is one beautiful van.

Now if only we have a Toyota Sienna here with a D4D engine, that would've been perfect! I soooo love that minivan!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sixlove60 View Post
    Thank you, guys, for the helpful comments! The problem lang with 1-2 year old Previa is the high cost. Siguro walang bababa ng P1.8 mil. As for the Carnival LWB CRdi, I am also seriously considering it. Just not too crazy about the badge or the low, sloping front hood (it looks "off" compared to rest of body; Chrysler did a much better job here IMHO). Hard to stop thinking about the late-model T&C though. Man, I love all the nice interior features and touches! That is one beautiful van.
    I actually rather like the way the Carnival looks. It somehow resembles the Chrysler T&C, especially at the rear portion. The recently updated version has a much better looking tiger nose grille and very nice looking rims. I personally don't find anything wrong with the sloping hood. It is a minivan after all, and the Previa's hood is even more sloping.

The LWB Kia Carnival seems to be also a good option. A good balance between the comfort of the T&C with the fuel-efficiency of a diesel engine...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Used, Late-Model Town & Country or Previa vs. Brand-New Montero GLS V