Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    UPDATE

STILL EVALUATING:
    1. Chevrolet Optra
    2. Hyundai Matrix
    3. Toyota Echo Vereso
    4. Opel Astra

Are these vehicles fall in the P230-300 price range? Any Suggestions? Thanks!
    At that price range, i will also consider the later models of Kia Picanto and Hyundai Getz (2005-2008) since Hyundai Matrix is in your list

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    The Exaltas are slow compared to the Civic, and you may also consider the 2003 Honda City Type-Z VTEC.
    You mean the GX variants (1300) which has way more torque than a D15B VTEC against the VTI-S/RS versions?

Note: Scratched off sa list ang Mazda Familia.. so the choices above are the ones im considering for him...
    Good choice. Mazdas are not for the non-car enthusiasts.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I meant the ones in the early 2000s with all the bells and whistles found in luxury sedans. Despite being the same as the Super Saloon sold in the late 90s, AFAIK these had a differently tuned suspension which gave it poor handling (in favor of ride comfort if I'm not mistaken), and owners were telling that it was slow.

I'd stay away from the Opels. They have NO dealer network, parts are expensive and hard to come by, and the Astra if I remember right is very cramped inside. The Optra is fine with me, the design is quite boring but not ugly, although I've heard that these do not have good fuel mileage. I'd suggest the facelifted EK Civic VTi or, even better, the more spacious Matrix. But for the Matrix, I strongly suggest the diesel variant which is very economical and fast but for which he will have to extend the budget slightly higher at 300+k. But remember that diesel is cheaper than gasoline and its also more economical. Just ask though Accent cab drivers out there.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    I'll tell my adviser to look at the Hyundai Matrix, there are some Matrixes in the price range. The Familia was listed off because of difficulty in sourcing spare parts (which would be a headache for a first time owner), and the fuel economy isn't that good (from what I read). I wont anymore consider the Astra (lack of dealer support, slow) and Optra (early models had quality problems, fuel efficiency).

Guys, what are the pros and cons of the following vehicles:
    1. Toyota Corolla GLi (later model Big Body; Love Life)
    2. Honda Civic (LXi/VTi EK; later model EG)
    3. Nissan Sentra (later model and efi B13; B14 Super Saloon)
    4. Mitsubishi Lancer (Itlog GLXi; Pizza Pie GLXi)
    5. Honda City (1st gen)
    6. Hyundai Matrix (2003-2005)

I'll try to check the Hyundai Getz and Kia Picanto (i found some in the price range)

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I'll tell my adviser to look at the Hyundai Matrix, there are some Matrixes in the price range. The Familia was listed off because of difficulty in sourcing spare parts (which would be a headache for a first time owner), and the fuel economy isn't that good (from what I read). I wont anymore consider the Astra (lack of dealer support, slow) and Optra (early models had quality problems, fuel efficiency).

Guys, what are the pros and cons of the following vehicles:
    5. Honda City (1st gen)
    6. Hyundai Matrix (2003-2005)

I'll try to check the Hyundai Getz and Kia Picanto (i found some in the price range)
    Toyota Corolla: boring looks, boring engine performance, cheap parts, has safety features like airbags and ABS (but the brakes themselves give poor performance, AFAIK)
    Honda Civic EK: excellent engine and handling, timeless looks (IMHO), more expensive parts and maintenance, lack of safety features like airbags and ABS.
    Nissan Sentra Series 3: Good engine and sharp handling (Civic is better), can change to multireflector headlights of the Exalta for more modern looks and brighter light output, has ABS and driver's airbag, best compromise among the first 3 for me.
    Honda City: excellent engine, especially the one with VTEC, good looks (facelifted Type-Z), lack of safety features.
    Hyundai Matrix: very spacious, diesel engine is very thrifty and powerful, more expensive maintenance due to being a diesel although offset by cheaper fuel cost and better fuel mileage, lack of safety features

I wouldn't be looking for the Getz and Picanto as they are so small as compared to the choices above, although I would consider if it was a Getz CRDi

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    UPDATE

I'm currently re listing my choices for my adviser:
    5. Honda City (1st gen)

STILL EVALUATING:
    1. Chevrolet Optra
    2. Hyundai Matrix
    3. Toyota Echo Vereso
    4. Opel Astra

Are these vehicles fall in the P230-300 price range? Any Suggestions? Thanks!

If 230k to 300k I'll get the Civic Sir body Vti, better to get all stock and no modifications.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    *GTi: The Matrix especially the CRDi variant is way off the budget.

The pre-facelifted Getz may fit the budget though.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Well, the selling price of the Matrix CRDi is just a bit higher than 300k, if he can add a bit more then it would be a very wise purchase as compared to gasoline powered cars.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Well, the selling price of the Matrix CRDi is just a bit higher than 300k, if he can add a bit more then it would be a very wise purchase as compared to gasoline powered cars.
    What is the fuel economy of the gas and diesel versions??

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last time i checked, it was faring in at around 400-450K for the CRDi versions. That should consume fuel within the Hyundai Accent's territory. The gas (AT) versions should sip as much fuel as an Elantra AT (around 6-7Km/L).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Used car for 200k or below