New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    The Revo is a gasoline one, MT, 1998 model, not flooded, and not that much used.

Question, are there any Sentra Exaltas on the price range?? Even the Toyota Echo or Hyundai Matrix???

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    kaya exalta sa 200k. pangasar lang dun, too much electronics to worry about for a decade old car.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Yep. Exalta. But too much electronics, magastos pag nasira.

I'd get the Corolla. Tested & Proven to be reliable.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    The Revo is a gasoline one, MT, 1998 model, not flooded, and not that much used.

Question, are there any Sentra Exaltas on the price range?? Even the Toyota Echo or Hyundai Matrix???
    Taasin pa yung presyo... Revo's, even the gas ones, have fairly high resale value. Yung sa kanya ba yung GLX model? The one with all power features? If so, I think pwede pa yan 250-300k depending on the mileage and condition. Then the car he will be looking for will be worth 300k and not 200k. And that is a BIG difference.

Sentra Exaltas are not worth the money. They've got the same engine as the old one and the suspension setup sucks as compared to the previous Sentra Super Saloon/Super Touring. And AFAIK its the Sentra Super Saloon that's at the +-200k range. If he wants luxury, the '97-'00 Cefiro is also within his budget
    Last edited by GTi; December 25th, 2010 at 07:07 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Taasin pa yung presyo... Revo's, even the gas ones, have fairly high resale value. Yung sa kanya ba yung GLX model? The one with all power features? If so, I think pwede pa yan 250-300k depending on the mileage and condition. Then the car he will be looking for will be worth 300k and not 200k. And that is a BIG difference.

Sentra Exaltas are not worth the money. They've got the same engine as the old one and the suspension setup sucks as compared to the previous Sentra Super Saloon/Super Touring. And AFAIK its the Sentra Super Saloon that's at the +-200k range. If he wants luxury, the '97-'00 Cefiro is also within his budget

GLX trim po sa kanya, gas model. If he increases the selling price (i find the price low and who will buy a decade old Revo??) more choices, the better....

If he increases the selling price, these vehicles are qualified:
    - Toyota Corolla Love Life
    - Honda Civic EK/ ES (early model)
    - Nissan Sentra N13 (2004-2005, and some Exaltas)
    - Mitsubishi Lancer Pizza
    - Honda City (first generation)

BTW, i didnt recommend him the Cefiro since he does not have the money for maintenance....

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    GLX trim po sa kanya, gas model. If he increases the selling price (i find the price low and who will buy a decade old Revo??) more choices, the better....

If he increases the selling price, these vehicles are qualified:
    - Toyota Corolla Love Life
    - Honda Civic EK/ ES (early model)
    - Nissan Sentra N13 (2004-2005, and some Exaltas)
    - Mitsubishi Lancer Pizza
    - Honda City (first generation)

BTW, i didnt recommend him the Cefiro since he does not have the money for maintenance....
    Ah... sayang bagay pa naman sana yung Cefiro sa teacher. Marami pang bibili ng Revo, yun yung mga taong looking for workhorses that can also comfortably seat people but with a limited budget, especially since it has all power features. The 2000 Honda Civic VTi would be nice. The pre-facelift ES Civic is not my type. The Exaltas are slow compared to the Civic, and you may also consider the 2003 Honda City Type-Z VTEC.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ah... sayang bagay pa naman sana yung Cefiro sa teacher. Marami pang bibili ng Revo, yun yung mga taong looking for workhorses that can also comfortably seat people but with a limited budget, especially since it has all power features. The 2000 Honda Civic VTi would be nice. The pre-facelift ES Civic is not my type. The Exaltas are slow compared to the Civic, and you may also consider the 2003 Honda City Type-Z VTEC.

Ok... how 'bout the Opel Astra sedan or Chevrolet Optra or Cassia... Are they good choices???? How about the Hyundai Matrix or Toyota Echo Vereso??

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just bought a 1999 GLi lovelife all power, abs/airbag for 185k last week. Sa pag iikot ko, never ako nakakita ng Revo na bumaba sa 220k price range. Sa 200k mag uunahan pa ang mga buy and sell pipol sa ganyan na revo.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    UPDATE

I'm currently re listing my choices for my adviser:
    1. Toyota Corolla GLi (later model Big Body; Love Life)
    2. Honda Civic (LXi/VTi EK; later model EG)
    3. Nissan Sentra (later model and efi B13; B14 Super Saloon)
    4. Mitsubishi Lancer (Itlog GLXi; Pizza Pie GLXi)
    5. Honda City (1st gen)

STILL EVALUATING:
    1. Chevrolet Optra
    2. Hyundai Matrix
    3. Toyota Echo Vereso
    4. Opel Astra

Are these vehicles fall in the P230-300 price range? Any Suggestions? Thanks!

10. Join Date
    May 2010
    Note: Scratched off sa list ang Mazda Familia.. so the choices above are the ones im considering for him...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Used car for 200k or below