New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Subaru STI na if affordable sa pre-owned.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    1.5T bnew... 0-100 in...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Or for ultimate power, WRX STI.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by AltisAndMZ3FAN View Post

I'm also looking at second hand Mazda 6 and Accord.

My budget is around 1.4M in total after selling the Altis. Performance and Fun to drive is my main priority, next is the capability to be a daily drive.
    First time owner of Mazda, particularly the Mazda 6 SKYACTIV-D 2018. This one drives like a gasoline and very comfortable. The engine is very quiet, just like a "noisy" gasoline engine.

How about performance and is it fun to drive? Well, just the other day I was "racing" with a Mustang (not sure if it's 5.0 or not). Of course I was left behind since I was just running below 3000 RPM. However, I always catch up and overtook it once. I know that in a clear road, that Mustang is the sure winner. Now just imagine the Mazda 6 2.5 L gasoline variant, I wonder how it will perform?

Note: I used the word "racing" but never do I mean being reckless. I always use signal lights and always leave ample time and distance to vehicles that I overtake.

Going back, 86/BRZ was and is my dream car. But as you grow old, I think getting in and out of that car will be a chore. Considering that you have seats available at the back, you might find it a hassle for you adjusting your seats from time to time whenever the back passenger goes in and out. In your case, I am assuming that you're still young so this won't be an issue for now. For me, I already have an aching back... so I don't think I can still take the "stiffness" of 86/BRZ.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Now just imagine the Mazda 6 2.5 L gasoline variant, I wonder how it will perform?
    With less than 200hp either way, I suppose pareho lang :D

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    With less than 200hp either way, I suppose pareho lang :D
    I am referring to the gasoline variant as opposed to my diesel variant, it should perform with better acceleration. I made it clear that the Mustang is the sure winner.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    First time owner of Mazda, particularly the Mazda 6 SKYACTIV-D 2018. This one drives like a gasoline and very comfortable. The engine is very quiet, just like a "noisy" gasoline engine.

How about performance and is it fun to drive? Well, just the other day I was "racing" with a Mustang (not sure if it's 5.0 or not). Of course I was left behind since I was just running below 3000 RPM. However, I always catch up and overtook it once. I know that in a clear road, that Mustang is the sure winner. Now just imagine the Mazda 6 2.5 L gasoline variant, I wonder how it will perform?

Note: I used the word "racing" but never do I mean being reckless. I always use signal lights and always leave ample time and distance to vehicles that I overtake.

Going back, 86/BRZ was and is my dream car. But as you grow old, I think getting in and out of that car will be a chore. Considering that you have seats available at the back, you might find it a hassle for you adjusting your seats from time to time whenever the back passenger goes in and out. In your case, I am assuming that you're still young so this won't be an issue for now. For me, I already have an aching back... so I don't think I can still take the "stiffness" of 86/BRZ.
    I'm Still in my early 20s, i only have Altis as my car (It's my first car BTW). Like you sir, 86/BRZ is my dream car but can it really pass as a daily drive? It's really tempting considering some used 86/brz go as low as 1.1M - 2013/2014, not to mention the ample aftermarket support.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson de Leon View Post
    Or for ultimate power, WRX STI.

Too much strain sa budget . Saka for the same price range i might look into IS250 na

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I'm Still in my early 20s, i only have Altis as my car (It's my first car BTW). Like you sir, 86/BRZ is my dream car but can it really pass as a daily drive? It's really tempting considering some used 86/brz go as low as 1.1M - 2013/2014, not to mention the ample aftermarket support.
    How I envy you at your age, getting that 86/BRZ... Since this is your dream car, one thing I can guarantee to you is this: it is the exhilarating feeling whenever you are inside and driving it. It's like your first crush smiling back to you, the feeling of excitement and that rushing of your heart.

With your age, never mind the issues I mentioned. It's a long way for you to ever consider it. So what do I say? I say go for it!

Now, to answer your question. Will it pass as a daily drive? It depends on where you usually go. I remember that it has a very low ground clearance when compared to other cars. If you travel around provinces and unfamiliar roads, this car is not a good choice. Potholes are your worst enemy. Another thing to consider is that why these people are selling these cars? I had the impression before that this kind of car is something that you'll keep and passed on the next generation. I thought that this will be the case, but I think it's not when in fact they are selling it. You might want to read the article from Top Gear about this 86/BRZ exchanging it to Lexus (not sure about this brand).

As a daily drive, take into consideration the fuel consumption. Newer cars have better fuel consumption, generally speaking.

Getting your dream car is the "second best" thing that can happen in your life. What's the "first best"? It will be your wife... the "right" wife will be like "heaven" here on Earth, the "wrong" wife will be like "hell" here on Earth.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I drive almost 3-4 times a week my Forester XT. It is not a WRX but it shares the same engine as the WRX. It is not as quick or as fast as the WRX but it is almost there, maybe just a second off from 0 to 100 kmh and can easily go faster than 200 kmh if driven on its sportiest setting. It is more than good enough for its size and cargo capacity. It drives even better than some compact and midsize cars. For its performance and utility, the fuel consumption is acceptable.

The WRX will be a stiffer ride compared to your Altis. If you will be driving alone most of the time, it will not matter.
    Last edited by Egan101; December 29th, 2017 at 12:22 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast